'Text After' section under Numerical box Properties

It would be great if this could have the dual function of entering direct text or assigning a tag like the min and max allows. While I am at it, it would also be helpful if the decimal places could be handled this way as well. As an example, right now if I want the text after to indicate units i will overlay four numerical boxes with mm, in, ft, and m in the text after utilizing the visibility tag to display the unit preference of the user. If you add decimal places as a user preference, take, 0, 0.0, and 0.00, that is none, one, and two, if the device that populates the numerical tag has a sufficient resolution for two (2) decimal places when the smallest unit is selected  then twelve (12) boxes are required to be overlaid utilizing the visibility tag.  In my application i can only allow one decimal place if mm are chose. So with five (5) difference inputs I have fifty-five 55 numerical boxes on one screen with only five (5) numerical boxes being visible at any time. All of this applies while using INT's. The decimal place situation can be alleviated if I chose toe use REAL instead of INT for the display and user input tags. My point is that I have been down this road thoroughly and I don't believe I am missing something here, but please if I am let me know. Because the conclusion i keep coming to is that it would be very helpful if the text after feature could be tagged. 

• MVP 2023

We ran into this with a customer who wanted decimal pounds or integer grams with the units displayed.

I would convert your number into text inside your code and then display a string.  Then you can make it look however you want on the fly.

Joe T.

2 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

We ran into this with a customer who wanted decimal pounds or integer grams with the units displayed.

I would convert your number into text inside your code and then display a string.  Then you can make it look however you want on the fly.

Joe T.

Thanks Joe. That's actually the best solution thus far. 

1 hour ago, sgull said:

Would it be easier to have 4 different screens for the 4 units.

depending on what units the user selects, call the relevant screen and ignore the others.

There is a lot of other information on the screen. Depending on the situation this could be a more efficient. Thank you for your response.