Anyone sucessfully retrieve a ML through Modbus into InTouch?

So, I started a topic on this a long time ago, but it never went anywhere and the old forum got cut off: http://www.unitronics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=464

Also found this, which didn't help me either: http://www.unitronics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1969

I have never successfully pulled a ML value through Modbus into InTouch's WonderWare (I have done so successfully using KEPWare's KEPServerEx into Infilink, for what it's worth).

I've tried every combination of item name I can think of, using the help files and information I've scraped from around the internet, and have never pulled anything from the PLC into WindowViewer. If someone who has successfully done this could take a few moments to sketch this out, I (and anyone using Google to search for 'unitronics ML modbus') will be eternally grateful! I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple, but I've brute forced just about everything I could think of for the item name and still nothing gets returned.

Thanks,

G

Hi,

Which Unitronics PLC model are you using?

Please note that there are two different slave addressing tables. one table for the standard vision - V120/V2xx/V530 and one table for the enhanced vision - V130/V350/V560/V570/V1040/V1210

Under VisiLogic help --> MODBUS slave addressing you will find the two tables.

You will see that for the standard Vision the ML starts with 5100 (decimal) and for the enhanced vision the ML starts with 7000 (hex)!

Then you will need to add the offset of the ML address and 40001 for read holding register command.

It's the standard series. I request 45101 / ML0 (and up) and don't get a reply through Modbus/WindowViewer. I'm thinking there must be something particular about this combination, as it worked effortlessly with KEPServerEx/Infilink. That's why I am looking for someone with experience with this specific combination.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm not InTouch guru, but our distributor in Ukraine Sergei Batuk already did the connection. Below I want to post his mail to me. I hope he will not be against... :rolleyes:

"I've tested SCADA InTouch - V570 communication via Modbus carefully.

1. MLxx tags in V570 are seen in SCADA as 6-digit 32-bit register addresses. For example, ML0 is 428673 Modbus address (40000 + 28672 [7000hex] + 1) of 32-bit register. So in InTouch I must use the Modbus address "428673 L" where letter "L" points that InTouch must read 2 16-bit registers. Uswing only 428673 address without "L" is the mistake.

2. I also can use in InTouch so called absolute notration of Modbus addresses. For example, ML0 is "28672 RHL" Modbus address (without +1 to the address; "RH" means 16-bit type of the register; "L" means 2 16-bit registers - 32-bit word or Long Integer type).

• 4 years later...
On 12/5/2012 at 11:43 AM, Steelman63rus said:

In DASMBTCP configuration set:

Maximum Outstanding Messages = 1

Register Size = 6

Addressing:

MF0 - 416385 F

MF1 - 416387 F

MF2 - 416389 F

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I am trying to read an MF register from a v570 PLC.

When I try and read MF0 from "416385 F" I do not get any response from the PLC. 

I am reading ML registers just fine.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.