Confusion between V700 touchpanel and Remote Operator

I am working on setting up recipes on a V700 and have a data table with 100 rows, and 21 columns. Everything is working as expected except for the only column that is a String linked to an ML of 20 chars long.

I can move up and down the rows, enter data in all of the column's from a data entry HMI screen, save each row and everything works fine, if I am working from a Remote Operator session, or Remote Access session from Visilogic. If I change the string contents in one row and save it, then change the string of the next row everything works. I can move up and down the rows and the contents of the string column changes accordingly. The problem is when I do the same exact thing from the V700 touch screen, all of the column contents work correctly except for the String column. If I change the string in row 0, save it, and then move to row 1, or 2,or 3 etc., they contain the same string that I entered in row 0.  

Even when I am changing the string from remote operator, and watching the touch panel, the remote operator session shows the correct string, and the touch panel shows the same string repeating in every other row I scroll through.

Has anyone dealt with this sort of weirdness ???

Visilogic version  9.9.0 Build 0

V700 O/S 4.12 (38) HDW version A

• MVP 2023

Sounds like the HMI string element is not being updated with the latest data. Make sure the MB you have in the "Link" field is being triggered when you want to refresh the screen.

• MVP 2023

Do not use a regular coil more than once in your program. I think you could change the MB 143 instances to Set Coils and it would work (according to the Help file the OS Resets the coil when it refreshes the screen).

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

Farphr.....Flex is way more into 700s than me and likely on the right track. especially re coils.  To me, your "refresh string" command need to be at the very end, with one MB triggered by others from the individual rungs.  

FYI...my use of RA & RO clearly shows different key behaviour than on the physical unit.  eg you can't do "holds", Info mod pops up immediately etc.  So I assume that the plc handles the commands differently in some aspects. Which in your case may be letting incorrect element sequence operations work, but when using the screen they won't.  Just a thought.

Also, have you tried using a Negative Transitions instead?  Anything button wise I always use negatives, to allow screen loading to have been completed properly, which takes a few scans.  Perhaps in your case this is directly related to my FYI above, in that something is just one scan out of sequence, but RA & RO quirks allow it to work.

cheers, Aus 

• Like 1

It was right in front of me and I didn't even see it!

Flex, you were spot on with the multiple regular coils. I changed them to set coils and it's working perfect now.

Aus, thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Bill