Can you save the memory of a program?

My question is about JAZZ PLCs if there is a way to back up the program memory. I would like to know if it is possible to save a backup copy of the program so that, if the PLC breaks down, we can replace it and restore both the program and the memory quickly and efficiently.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi;

Backing up a Program in a PLC , if the program is not password protected is easy - upload -  to   U90 ladder and save to a file.

Backing up the MI, MB and other PLC Memory current values is another story.

U90 appears NOT to have a method of backing up the  current live PLC values.  In, Out, MB, MI,  Timers, SI, SB.  etc.

The only way I can think of  is  to have   PDF printer on your  PC, then  go online with the PLC, Display the OPerande and do a print screen  to PDF

slow and can be a pain.

Restoring would be to know the important values in the program  to resore and look them up in the PDF  pages saved and manually enter them when in PLC Online Mode.

Yep - another pain.

U90 was the original Unitronics Ladder programming software and has it limits - but the M90, M91 and JAZZ series thive on it.

DanT

• MVP 2023
On 7/31/2024 at 2:28 PM, benito.carrasco said:

if it is possible to save a backup copy of the program so that, if the PLC breaks down, we can replace it and restore both the program and the memory quickly and efficiently.

For cloning JAZZ application you can use MJ20-MEM1 module. Please read

https://cdn.i-pulse.nl/isotron/production/products/1474/datasheet-unitronics-mj20-mem1.pdf

The Program Cloner enables you to copy applications between Jazz™ OPLCs™. You plug the
Cloner into the jack of a Jazz OPLC and then use Info Mode to:
- Copy the complete application, including the PLC Ladder program, HMI application, and OS
into the Cloner. In addition, you can also copy certain current application values. You can
find a list of these values in the Jazz user guide.
- Plug the Cloner into another Jazz OPLC and download the complete application

You can ask your local distributor about the possibility of purchasing such a module and ask if it is compatible with your model of Jazz PLC.

You can also ask about the capabilities of this module via email ---  support@unitronics.com

1.You can create UniDownloader file, which may be downloaded to PLC by UniDownloader.

This file may include everything, but no memory content.

2. To  backup and then restore memory content, you can follow HelpDesk article:
Vision PLC battery change without losing data
https://support.unitronics.com/index.php?/selfhelp/view-Itarticle/vision-plc-battery-change-without-losing-data allow to save memory content in Excel file.

*Bear in mind that memory content changes.

PID parameters are partially static and partially dynamic.

As well, some memory content is changed during PLC operation - MIs, etc.

SAMBA related questions publich in SAMBA topic.

• MVP 2023

I can add that I successfully copied the PID settings of the controller based on Samba and my customers continue to do this for their products.

To save the settings, it is convenient to use the function Export PLC operands to a text file (Visilogic Communication menu).

And then for the next controller, load these settings with the function Import PLC operands from a text file.

P.S.Now it is a good tradition to save the project file in the last working version and the text file (with the same name) of the operands that were in the configured controller.

It is also good to archive them together to keep a copy.

• Upvote 1