SD Card Explorer for Unistream

ofer.yishai

Hi,

Any alternative to the vision series essential app "SD Card Explorer"? This PC application allow explore and download files stored on the SD card from remote, and I cant figure out how Unistream SD Card filed can be approached remotely.

I was tinkling of sending files to FTP server, but how can I browse SD card from Unistream panel / (VNC) and select a file to send on FTP server? it seems that HMI element "Sd Browser" can only be use to transfer files to a local DOK. I believe that If it had the option of coping a selected file name to global tag (string) then it could be used with "FTP Send" function. For now the only solution I found is to use pen and paper to copy a file name from the list, and retyping file name somewhere else on the HMI, but there must be a better way...

Thanks in advance to the appliers.

Ofer

The SD card browser on the HMI or in UniApps of the UniStream can be used to identify file names. These names can then be manually entered into a tag on the HMI screen and send using the FTP Client on the UniStream. There is not an automatic function for the ability but it is absolutely possible. The full file name and extension must be known in order for it to be sent correctly. Please check out YouTube page which has tutorials for both the FTP Client and FTP server.

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnitronicsWebinars/videos

SD files can can also be sent via email or downloaded when connected to the unit in UniLogic.

Thank you Alexander,

I already discovers those possibilities before, and hoped there is something else there I didn't see.... I relay regret to find this a significant step backward! My question if it is going to be improved in the future? One of the grate advantage of Unitronics is  the idea of SD card as a offline data bank that can be approached at anytime from anywhere, here it  is somehow dissolved.

Sending by mail is not possible in many sites because of many reasons, and like sending to FTP server the same problem of handling the file names exit.  There must be some more functionality regarding file names automation. I thing my idea to add a string tag in the SD Browser element properties, can make a lot in that direction. Any chance it will happen?

I didn't understand What did you mean by "or downloaded when connected to the unit in UniLogic"? 

• 6 months later...

Hi,

SD Browser HMI element should enable renaming of files (if Checked), except from two folders. quote from the help file:

• Rename files (note that Data Sampler and Alarm Log files cannot be renamed)

the issue is that also files in "User Logs" folder cannot rename. Why?

I found that the option of renaming files can be use for copy/paste file names, for instant to send files by email.

It would be great to be able to copy any file name from all folders for that and other uses.

Ofer 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

SD Browser HMI element should enable renaming of files (if Checked), except from two folders. quote from the help file:

• Rename files (note that Data Sampler and Alarm Log files cannot be renamed)

the issue is that also files in "User Logs" folder cannot rename. Why?

I found that the option of renaming files can be use for copy/paste file names, for instant to send files by email.

It would be great to be able to copy any file name from all folders for that and other uses.

Ofer 

Anybody please can answer ?

Hi,

In the next version of UniLogic which will be launched soon , there will be a new HMI widget - "File Selector Browser". One wll be able to select a file from the HMI and get the file name and path into an ASCII String.

Regarding the rename for User Logs via File Browser - we passed it to our R&D.

Anyway you can use the Ladder Element "Rename File". (please make sure yo include in SD folder also the sbu folder of the UserLogs. ie Txt)

Thanks Ofir this is good news.

For the SD Card Explorer alternative that I looked for I think I found an elegant solution. No need to install any software like FTP client what so ever. I found that Windows File Explorer can use as BI two-way FTP Client.

First Unistream should be defined as FTP server with username, password and read-only option should remain unchecked.

Then Using Windows File Explorer (not internet explorer) type the address:e.g:  ftp://192.168.1.88/. Type in username and password in the pop-up window and the SD Cars content  will show with the ability to drag and drop files in both direction.

The difference between any Internet browser and windows File Explorer is that the later support two way file transfer.

For quick access into the SD card files and folders and being able to make shortcut on the desktop or anywhere else follow this link 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/work-with-files-ftp-site#1TC=windows-7

Hope anybody will find it useful and I will be happy for any comments

Ofer

• Upvote 2

• 4 years later...

Hi Ofer,

I think you found the answer to exactly what I need, but I can not test it yet, because I do not know how to "First Unistream should be defined as FTP server with username, password and read-only option should remain unchecked."

Could you please elaborate on how to define Unistream as an FTP server?

Thanks,

Uri

FTP is the way I do it,  I use filezilla but I'm sure you can use any of them. Just set up the FTP server on the PLC and use the credentials to go grab what you need. (Solutions explorer ->PLC communication -> protocols -> FTP-> FTP servers)  If you have a local server/NAS you can use the FTP function blocks pretty easy as well to do automatic send/receives. 

-Swervomotor