New Load Screen Trigger Action - "Clicked"?

Flex727

Thanks for lighting this up, I was also intending to ask about it, but now you encourage me to make a simple test: it seems that Clicked is acting like Release, with a difference that the action will not take place if you slide your finger away after pressing , so like the "Click" cycle is not complete. In Vision I mostly use "Released" so the action is more visible, but here you helped me to find that the new "Clicked" is better,and like in PC's or web link, one can regret even after the key is pressed...

An explanation from Unitronics is yet very welcome of-course. I agree the Help file is a few steps behind, as many other functions are not mentioned in it at all.

• MVP 2023

True, Ofer, but here is the problem:

UniLogic is supposed to be easier than VisiLogic, but if I want to make a simple momentary contact pushbutton in UniLogic, that would only require linking the bit to the touch property in VisiLogic. In UniLogic it can take more than 20 steps! Here they are:

1) Click on object
2) Click on Actions (Collection)
3) Click Add New Action
4) Click Action "Set Bit" (may already be there)
5) Click Tag
6) Click Tag Name Box
7) Start typing Tag Name
8) Click Tag Name
---8a) If Tag is an Array, click again to drop down array (more clicks or scrolling depending on the size of the array, etc)
---8b) Click on correct array member
9) Click Trigger
10) Click Pressed
11) Click Add New Action
12) Click Action "Reset Bit"
13) Click Tag
14) Click Tag Name Box
15) Start typing Tag Name
16) Click Tag Name
---16a) If Tag is an Array, click again to drop down array (more clicks or scrolling depending on the size of the array, etc)
---16b) Click on correct array member
17) Click Trigger
18) Click Released
19) Click Close

When I have a project with numerous buttons of this type - something that is very common - I have to waste my time with hundreds upon hundreds of these ridiculous steps, each of which can be prone to a mistake. Further, there is no easy way to do a quick check of the actions to make sure they're correct, since they are hidden behind the "(Collection") box. A simple "While Pressed" selection, in addition to the "Clicked", "Pressed", & "Released" selections would at least cut this unnecessary burden in half.

Perhaps I should post this in the We're Listening Forum Topic, but I really think this is a problem. If there's something simple I'm missing, I sure would like to know it. -Thanks.

I agree with you Flex. As a starter user of Unistream, my impression that Unilogic VS Visilogic is like a tango: two steps ahead and one steps behind. There are other issues and examples why the newer it is less user friendly rather than more in some aspects, (but superior in others I admit). One example:  you can't monitor a timer online from the ladder, but only after you search for the timer tag inside the timers list... why?  and even after, the real time values are hiding inside a struct! you are welcome to count the clicks required just to monitor one timer...  further more you can't monitor a list of timers together in real time as before, only one by one with few more clicks. 

It seems that the development of Unistream didn't start at the current point that Visilogic already reached, but somewhere else. True it is a new concept, but some of the goods just left behind,  and that's a pity in my eyes. I hope it will improve in time!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi--apologies for the lag.

Clicked is indeed, clicked--the complete cycle, up, down, released.

The Help is indeed a work in progress; I add more all the time. However, in this case, I did not think explanation was necessary. I will include a drop-down table or similar in a future version that explains the actions.

About We're Listening  :) 
This is where I like to see either specific feature requests, or requests for 'concept'--the unifying idea behind a particular feature or action. It is best to put specific requests there so that they don't get lost in a thread.

While for many years I read all forum posts, we have grown to the point where this is not really possible...but I do monitor the We're Listening.

I agree with you Flex. As a starter user of Unistream, my impression that Unilogic VS Visilogic is like a tango: two steps ahead and one steps behind. There are other issues and examples why the newer it is less user friendly rather than more in some aspects, (but superior in others I admit). One example:  you can't monitor a timer online from the ladder, but only after you search for the timer tag inside the timers list... why?  and even after, the real time values are hiding inside a struct! you are welcome to count the clicks required just to monitor one timer...  further more you can't monitor a list of timers together in real time as before, only one by one with few more clicks. 

It seems that the development of Unistream didn't start at the current point that Visilogic already reached, but somewhere else. True it is a new concept, but some of the goods just left behind,  and that's a pity in my eyes. I hope it will improve in time!

I'm pretty new to UniLogic myself and haven't worked with VisiLogic any.  I find some things very challenging as others have mentioned with the number of steps or clicks it takes to complete a task, however, I also found that you can monitor several items at one time by using the watch function.  You'll still have to go to each one of those timers in their structs, right click on the current value and click add to watch where you can select one of eight watches with eight tags in each.

• Upvote 1