V570 not recognized in ports (device manager)

Hello,

I was asked to make a new software in a company where they had a 5-6 years (not sure) old V570 PLC (the one with the black/grey & white design, not the black one). This PLC does not contain the mini-usb programming port (regular used for charging mobile phones), but the one that is shaped like a square usb port (the one pc uses to communicate with printers/scanners). Although I had the driver installed for the more common usb port I also used install usb driver option from the visilogic software, and the software confirmed that I already have the driver installed. However when I went to device manager, I couldn't find the PLC connected (via port number), nor did I find a question mark that would suggest that the driver is missing.
It's my first time crossing path with the "older" version of V570, with the not so common (in my humble experience) squared usb port.
The V570 had canbus port, 2 rs232/485 ports and ethernet port if that helps. I'm using the ethernet port to acquire data for dataXport to generate daily reports, so it's not a solution for me to program it with that port.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

• MVP 2023

That driver is for use of the Mini-USB port on the newer PLCs. You will need a USB to serial converter (such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Trendnet-TU-S9-USB-Serial-Converter/dp/B0007T27H8/) and the serial adapter that comes with the older PLCs. I don't have the part number handy for that old serial adapter, but Unitronics (support@unitronics.com) can help you.

Found one laying around and it says MJ 10-22-CS25 on it.

10 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

That driver is for use of the Mini-USB port on the newer PLCs. You will need a USB to serial converter (such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/Trendnet-TU-S9-USB-Serial-Converter/dp/B0007T27H8/) and the serial adapter that comes with the older PLCs. I don't have the part number handy for that old serial adapter, but Unitronics (support@unitronics.com) can help you.

So I'm gonna have to program it by using the rs232 port, let's say like on the samba PLCs (the ones without mini usb port)? And if that's the case then why bother putting a usb port on that V570? :)

Thanks for the incredibly fast response btw.

• MVP 2023
On 10/12/2017 at 4:22 PM, Flex727 said:

That is the official Unitronics USB->serial converter available from your distributor.  You can use any converter that has the Prolific PL2303 chipset.

A bit of Unitronics history - when the V570 first came out it had that USB port on it covered by a sticker.  It was supposed to be supported by a future Visilogic release but that never happened for that particular hardware revision.  :(

Joe T.

• Like 2