Vision 130 screen problem

Hello, I have a problem with a V130, some horizontal display lines just disappeared (see attached picture).

I still haven't tried anything because I thought it would be best to ask here first if someone maybe knows the solution. The only idea I have is to open it (like when adding ports) and clean the contacts.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

v130screen.jpg

• MVP 2023

I would first be checking the ribbon connector insertion.  It is very easy to not push it in far enough before reclamping. If cards have been added then it is the likely problem, as you have to undo it for some add-ons.

Owing to it being fiddly and awkward it can seem to bottom out, but it isn't in enough.  But use care in any manipulations.

Undo the case rear and then carefully lift out the "first" pcb by holding the connectors.

Check out the install instructions here:  https://myzone-kza3sadj.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/installation-guide-V100-17-RS4X_ET2_S-ET2_17-PB1.pdf

They will give you the details about the ribbon, bottom of page 2.

Hopefully that will be the issue.  Pls advise back.

cheers,

Aus

Hi, it's well over warranty, it think it's around 9 years old now. Thankfully there is a PC near, and the PLC is connected to the network, so I using Remote access for now. I'll contact the representative for my country to see if it is possible to repair it, or a replacement is needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted the importer, and got a new LCD (yes it is possible to replace), now it works  again :)

Also after tearing it all apart, seems thet the ribbon cable mentioned above is just for the keyboard, the LCD is connected directli to the main board through the pins you see after removing it.

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, nkwai said:

Also after tearing it all apart, seems thet the ribbon cable mentioned above is just for the keyboard

That is great info nkwai, I've never dug in that far so had assumed incorrectly.  Bad Ausman!

Thanks for letting us all know the good result.

cheers,

Aus

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 1/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, nkwai said:

Hi, it's well over warranty, it think it's around 9 years old now. Thankfully there is a PC near, and the PLC is connected to the network, so I using Remote access for now. I'll contact the representative for my country to see if it is possible to repair it, or a replacement is needed.

How did you manage to access the hmi remotely?

i have the same problem and i have a PC but couldn’t establish a connection between the PC and the PLC

what cable did you you use?

how can i configure the communication settings from the screen if the screen is dead?