On 3/4/2019 at 9:18 PM, ORSO2001 said:

Hi all,

untill now I used the MODBUS protocol to connect the PLC with PC (C#) ...now I am trying for the first time the SQL and FTP (two different jobs) but a library/driver for the .NET like in the VISION (I took a fast look) could be nice.

thanks

Hi ORSO2001,

i am new to PLC and i was searching for solution how to connect with PLC. Since there is no Netdriver for Unistream, can you give me some guide line hot to make connection with PLC.

I have Unistream 15.6'' .

Thanks you in advance.

Hi Stojan,

all depends about what you need to do/transfer/check with the remote PC.

1) you can setup the PLC as Modbus SLAVE by TCP/IP connection....to do this you have to search in the "solution explorer" window: PLC communication -> Protocols -> MODBUS -> Slaves -> Panel Ethernet.

done this you have to create SLAVE and add coils or registers ...Unistream expose some types of operation to manage the modbus coils/reguster...so I think that is better if you take a look at the online help.

in this way you will create your own registers list...that can be only readable or readable and writable...

2) you can create structs that contain the information that you need...then write these information in some Data Tables...store these Tables in some files (SD card in the PLC is needed) and transfer by FTP these files (CSV format) in the remote PC...the remote PC will manage these files.

3) store all the information in some DB in the remote PC

all these possible way need that the PC is able to manage the information...then some specific program has to be or created or uploaded and installed...

from your message I don't understood if you will create the PC program; if this program is already present...or what.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, ORSO2001 said:

Hi Stojan,

all depends about what you need to do/transfer/check with the remote PC.

1) you can setup the PLC as Modbus SLAVE by TCP/IP connection....to do this you have to search in the "solution explorer" window: PLC communication -> Protocols -> MODBUS -> Slaves -> Panel Ethernet.

done this you have to create SLAVE and add coils or registers ...Unistream expose some types of operation to manage the modbus coils/reguster...so I think that is better if you take a look at the online help.

in this way you will create your own registers list...that can be only readable or readable and writable...

2) you can create structs that contain the information that you need...then write these information in some Data Tables...store these Tables in some files (SD card in the PLC is needed) and transfer by FTP these files (CSV format) in the remote PC...the remote PC will manage these files.

3) store all the information in some DB in the remote PC

all these possible way need that the PC is able to manage the information...then some specific program has to be or created or uploaded and installed...

from your message I don't understood if you will create the PC program; if this program is already present...or what.

Sorry for not been clear.

I am trying to make a widows form program in C# from which will read/write to PLC. I have found some old examples for connecting with Unitronics PLC but nothing worked for me for my Unistream. Those are all for other models. I need some guide lines how in C# how to make code. 

Br.

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2019 at 11:50 PM, Joe Tauser said:

@cmarcus - 

Did you write a specific and separately running program in C# using the .NET driver to hook into an SAP system?

Joe T.

Hi Joe,

Sorry, this reply is over a year in the making.  Yes, the .NET SAP driver was specifically developed to perform production step confirmation transactions in SAP.  The broader system is a .NET application with a fancy user interface.  The operators bar code scan the relevant SAP production info into the HMI of the .NET application.  The .NET application establishes connections with several production devices (thickness gauge, vision inspection camera, weight scale and a Vision PLC with multiple count sensors for tracking various defect modes).  The manufacturing process is run and data from all the connected devices is streamed back to the single .NET app on a part by part basis.  Live trends, yields, and failure modes are displayed and log files are developed for tractability.  When the order is complete, the operator simply clicks the "Close Order" button and we run the SAP transaction in the background, using the bar code scanned order number, material number, operator ID, and the integrated device data for production yield and itemized scrap codes.  The operator does not touch the SAP interface, nor do they keystroke anything in the process.

The Vision's PLC's .NET driver was a game changer for us.  It was the most straight forward way to have machine level / tag level access, and combine this data with the results of our various other devices.  Unfortunately, when it comes to the Unistream, I still have not seen any examples as clean and as reliable as the Vision .NET driver to gain tag level access to the data from a stand-alone PC application.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...