• MVP 2023

The resolution of the V1210 is 800 x 600. I've always thought the resolution of the Vision PLCs could be improved, especially the V570, which should be 640x480 instead of 320x240, but I've done a lot of work with the V1210 and found it to be adequate.

• MVP 2023

The V700 is 800x480, lower resolution in the vertical direction, but a much smaller size screen so it appears much sharper. My choice would be determined by how much screen real estate you need and whether the wide screen form factor of the V700 is more suitable to your application. Another consideration is that the V700 has a different Ethernet adapter and can accommodate 8 Ethernet Sockets simultaneously instead of only 4 for the V1210.

• MVP 2023

When I put a V700 on a project (which is my go-to model these days) I often get the comment "Couldn't you have used a bigger screen?"

Gah.

We sell a lot of 1210's for that reason.  Actual screen sharpness has never been a complaint.  They're not watching the Netflix on this thing.

In the end you just need to decide how big of a screen you want.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

I'm lucky, because in most of my cases there is little or no screen interaction needed by clients.  Just a host of error messages might come up as needed, but the main one that says "everything is ok.....go away and don't touch anything."   But for my use only there are myriad screens. Fortunately I can fit all I need into a 130 display due to the cascading way I arrange things, that works best for my jobs anyway!

"What?  You want a big screen?  To see the ON & OK message a bit more easily?"  Bah humbug! 

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
11 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

When I put a V700 on a project (which is my go-to model these days)

Mine also. I LOVE the V700. It has a nice modern look and feel with a wide-screen format and plenty of pixels to work with. The built-in Ethernet is a huge plus as well.