Tags allocation failed

I'm having a problem during downloading my program to a Unistream USP-104-B10. I get the following error:

Tags Allocation
The size of the Tags memory in this project has exceeded the PLC memory capacity.

The error list shows:
Tags - Global tags - The tag memory should be reallocated. Please run Ribbon > PLC > Reallocate Memory.

How do I fix this problem? Or how can I see how many tags i have too much?

Thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

hi @mm440

i don't know what are the specification of your project, and mostly the size of your data table, but maybe you can solve your problem modifying the "strategy"...i mean...what is the frequency of the data table update?

if it is in a reasonable timing you can think about use a data table with not retained memory and save/upload it from the SD (without CSV and zip files).

• Like 1

i did a test....i created a table of 20.000 rows; in each rows are present 10 tags of uint32 so at the end 800.000 bytes (39% of non retained memory!) to store and read; each store and read (full data table) need between 1.7/2.0 seconds...

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

You can't increase the size of the internal retained memory.  As Saragani says, it's 256K.  I would calculate the actual data size needed - you need to specify the number of columns in each table as well as the data type to determine how big they'll be.

You can creatively use an SD card to get more storage.  Look at the Help on "Store DTI to File" and "Load DTI from File".

Joe T.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You for your reply!

I have 3 data tables, each with 37 columns and 1500 rows. The sampling occurs every 20 seconds. I solved the problem by reducing the data table to 30 rows, and when it fills up, I append it to the CSV file. This way, I don't lose any data if there is a power outage...

• MVP 2023
15 hours ago, mm440 said:

This way, I don't lose any data if there is a power outage...

This does give rise to the question of What happens if the power outage happens to coincide with the update?  Does the entire SD file that's being appended get corrupted?  A highly unlikely scenario, but possible.  Perhaps it might be better to copy the main one regularly, but this is very dependent on the frequency needed to extend card life, and the need for logging in the first place.

cheers, Aus

• 4 weeks later...