Speed issues with a DC gearmotor on Unilogic

Science19

Hello everyone,

I am having two problems configuring a Conrad DSMP420-12-0024-BF DC gearmotor 12 Vdc 5.5.

First, I would like the motor to run at high speed for five seconds and then run at slow speed. (photo 1, does not work, no speed is stable)

If I use only one speed (only one value for C), it works very well (photo 2)

I think I'm wrong about how to assign a value to the speed and the use of timers.

I am quitte new at Unilogic, I count on your help.

Thank you very much

picture 1 : www.casimages.com/i/190622090054791578.png

picture 2 https://www.casimages.com/i/190622090054881279.png.html

• MVP 2023

#1 - Do NOT place multiple logic threads in a single ladder rung.

#2 - It appears that you are not using the Timer correctly. Here is the Help entry for the On Delay Timer you are using. You must use the Out bit. If you are still not understanding, ask a specific question and we will help you.

image.png.0e6a52282aaeb6d5abd999c8b29896d9.png

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

Further to Flex's comments, something for you to consider.   I often preach on the forum that in many instances a "timer" issue like yours is far easier to set up, and simpler to understand, if you use a counter based system instead.  You set up a self-resetting count that increments at a suitable rate, based on a system time like 100ms (or bigger or smaller...depends on your need).  You then do compares to trigger actions....."if the count is b/n A & B do THIS output; if it is between A & C do ANOTHER action;  between  F & H do THAT;  right up to the main reset where it starts the count again  blah blah.  Your case of 5 seconds means one of those compares would be perhaps based on 0 - 50 if you are using 100ms as the count increment.

Interacting Timers can often lead to Terrible Interaction Knots happening!  Counters are simple, very easily manipulated and show what is going in a snap.  They seem to have gone by the wayside over the years, but are extremely powerful and diverse in the right hands.  I guess because people only associate the word "time" with "Timers".  Thinking outside the box is a powerful concept when working with plcs.

cheers, Aus

• Like 2

• MVP 2023
On 6/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, Science19 said:

I am quitte new at Unilogic, I count on your help.

Do you have any other PLC experience?

23 hours ago, Science19 said:

Is it possible to see a program where a motor is used with two different speeds consecutively using timers ?

No, your application is specific enough that there's not an example already done.  Post your PLC program so we can see what you're trying to do and maybe hack on it a bit.

Joe T.