Version 1.28.26 Issues

R Smith

UniLogic seems to crash every time I download a program via USB. I have reinstalled UniLogic and made sure the panel (USP-070-B10) is up to date (1.28.39) with no joy.

The download will usually succeed, on the panel but UniLogic freezes and needs to be shut down manually (sometimes via task manager). Then I can restart UniLogic, let it recover the latest program and go Online with the panel. Then I make some updates and start the process all over again.

I am running Windows 7 Pro on a Dell M6800 which I have had little issue in the past with. I recently updated to 1.28.26 and this seems to be when the issues began. I am still not sure if they are related to the PC or the software. Its been a few months since I actively programmed in UniLogic.

Is anyone else experiencing this with 1.28.26?

I am considering rolling back but I fear this will affect the program and firmware.

Thanks,

Rich

I'm not aware of any problem that causes UniLogic to freeze after download. Since UniLogic did not crash, then I did not get any crash report from you, so it will be hard for me to guess were the program hangs.

UniLogic does not crash or hangs if you download the project via Ethernet? (You mentioned USB, but I doubt that it has any effect).

Which version of UniLogic you had before 1.28.26?

OK, I installed version 1.28.26 onto another workstation (Dell M6600) and had no issues. Downloaded multiple programs, viewed online, works fine.

So it must have something to do with my workstation. Conflicting drivers, corrupt drivers, conflicting programs...? I don't know.

I will try to uninstall UniLogic completely, uninstall drivers and reinstall.

• MVP 2023

To do the uninstall, use the portable version of Revo Uninstaller.  Reboot before reinstall. 

You might also want to check out the comments & driver removal program mentioned in this post, but beware it is very powerful.

http://forum.unitronics.com/topic/3454-usb-rs232-adapator-erro/?do=findComment&comment=12671

cheers, Aus