MJ10-22-CS26 Pinout needed

• MVP 2023

It's actually not that simple and documentation on the CS26 is not to be found.  

The confusing answer is a CS26 is a CS25 with male pins and pins 2 and 3 swapped.  You typically use a Unitronics RJ12 - RJ12 serial programming cable with these, which has the center pins 3 and 4 crossed over.  Pins 2 and 6 run straight through.

If you're building your own cable, maybe these pictures will help:

image.png.dd4408c00f1ba1847459f8a4afd748ef.png

image.png.a932da3b9860a9e51ffd9b7d7ab52160.png

Your modem documentation should give you the pinout on your modem.

Joe T.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:16 AM, Joe Tauser said:

It's actually not that simple and documentation on the CS26 is not to be found.  

The confusing answer is a CS26 is a CS25 with male pins and pins 2 and 3 swapped.  You typically use a Unitronics RJ12 - RJ12 serial programming cable with these, which has the center pins 3 and 4 crossed over.  Pins 2 and 6 run straight through.

If you're building your own cable, maybe these pictures will help:

image.png.dd4408c00f1ba1847459f8a4afd748ef.png

image.png.a932da3b9860a9e51ffd9b7d7ab52160.png

Your modem documentation should give you the pinout on your modem.

Joe T.

Thanks! I built my own cable and it is working now! Turns out the JZ PRG needs external power 9V @ 0.15 .

But for some reason on my PLC I'm getting SMS Error 3 which means it doesn't recognize the message that the modem sent. I have checked and sent some AT commands to the modem using realterm and it responds as expected. Any ideas?

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, Kunker said:

Turns out the JZ PRG needs external power 9V @ 0.15 .

You must be careful with external power for JZ PRG. Please add recommended by manual resistor to + line.

Inside JZ PRG is present 5V  Zener diode betwen + and GND.

You maybe use JZ20  with internal USB - PC connection?

In this case USB and JZ - PRG mus do not be used for  connection  at the same time (see manual). You must prepare USB  disconnected test via LCD.

Please try to use for programming JZ PRG (with different wiring). This help to do JZ-PRG port testing.

For test you can  connect TXD and RXD on PLC side and try to send  messages  and recieve it (test on LCD).

If this test is succesful you have wiring problem (RX an TX crossed or not connected). 

If this test is not OK - JZ PRG issue present.