Unistream PLC with remote I/O

Good day,

We have a project in existing plant. Now there is one main control cabinet with lots of on/off switches and etc. (no PLC) and lots of control cables goes to different objects (I/O devices such as remote switches and etc.). We want to eliminate those control cables in such way: build new control cabinet on one side of plant with Unistream OPLC and I/O modules and one control cabinet with remote I/O adapter and I/O modules. There are two choices - 1. to lay optical cables (two in separate trays for reservation in order one fails (rats and etc.)) and use remote ethernet I/O adapter URB-TCP with I/O modules or 2. lay cables for CANbus communication and use EX-RC1 with I/O modules. What option is more reliable? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for reply, Joe,

The thing is we need a solution without protocol (such as Modbus that requires additional programming) between one end and another i.e. instead of control cables that goes let's say from push button to contactor, we want to solve that with remote I/O modules like we have direct connection (connect push button to PLC I/O and contactor to remote I/O).  If i'm right URB-TCP and EX-RC1  allows that. If you suggest ethernet (URB-TCP) I think we'll stick to that solution. Thank you!

• MVP 2023

Not promoting someone else, but do you know these things exist?  Don't use protocol as such, and simply mirror what is wanted from each end.  Other species are available, but they are rare.

Available:   goggles  TCW122B-RR

Supposedly being updated....have been saying that for ages...I've been waiting....waiting...waiti 😴           https://relaypros.com/Relay/Relay/CAT_RELAY4_MirX_ETHERNET

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
8 hours ago, AlexUT said:

TCW122B-RR looks like a device for garage - isn't it?

In both cases I suggest you take up "not for industry use" with the manufacturers.  I feel sure they'll disagree most strongly.  The huge advantage is ease of implementing remote action/monitoring when only a few I/Os are needed at each remote location.

The "other" one used to be available, but they are changing the fundamental build, and it doesn't appear to be finished yet.

Like I said, I'm not directly promoting them, but thought that they might be a possibility for Vidmas's location given the relatively simple parameters described. They sit in the enclosure, connect to your LAN, and send/receive info to/from the plc in such a manner that you don't need to do any "networking" in the plc at all.

cheers, Aus