• MVP 2023

The Help file within Visilogic is all that you likely need.  (standard toolbar far right)  The Help file used to be able to be downloaded completely, but owing to constant changing this proved problematic so was stopped.  The other location for the "manual" is

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/Download/SoftwareHelp/VisiLogic_Knowledgebase/VisiLogic.htm

There is a wealth of information via either source, and have a look around the Unitronics main site as well, just to familiarise yourself with all it has to offer.

cheers, Aus

• 2 years later...
  • MVP 2023
2 hours ago, David Alves da Silva said:

I would like to know if there is a manual in Portuguese.

I don't know what Unitronics does in this regard, but @Cara Bereck Levy  can answer this, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, David Alves da Silva said:

And if someone could describe to me how I upload (copy the program that is inside the plc to my notebook).

Which PLC model are you using?

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

You cannot upload the program from the PLC to your PC unless the program was downloaded with the "Burn Upload Project" option. Without that, the program cannot be retrieved from the PLC. You can try by "Upload" from the Connection menu while connected to the PLC and it will tell you.

I am surprised by the number of times that question is made.
And this is not only for Unitronics, but in the automation world, to have access to the source code/project that needs to be intended since the conception of the project.
90% of the time the original programmer doesn't intend to make their program available to others unless specified by the customer (In my opinion bad practice but it is how it is). 
If you don't have access to the password, then you need to contact the original programmer, if that is not an option then you will need to do everything from scratch. 

Every time I had to work on a project the first question I ask is "Do you have access to the original program or a way to make changes?"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, John_R said:

On the other hand, I was the main programmer at my job for years,

I knew that someday I would retire, and I made every effort to to document my programs, and ensure that my co-workers had access to all my work.

to me, that was common courtesy...

Just sayin'....

I agree, I mean at least I try to have everything documented too.

I have seen that a lot of people "protect" their programs to charge for the additional services in the future, but not me ..for me is like Mr. Customer, you own this thing here is everything you need to know about it: diagrams, code, drawings help yourself.  (I don't want to be bother for each time a minor change will be made to the system that doesn't affect my part) and chances are that if there is a good relationship with Mr. Customer, he always is going to request more services anyway and if there is not a god relationship with him, I don't want to be tied to Mr. Customer, it will be an endless scope of work, and nothing will be enough for Mr. Customer.

I get it if it is a custom machinery, or a "turn-key" solution but in that case, the bare minimum is to deliver a hard copy backup that can be installed in a brand-new PLC in the worst-case scenario.

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023
13 minutes ago, Fernando Castro said:

I have seen that a lot of people "protect" their programs to charge for the additional services in the future, but not me ..for me is like Mr. Customer, you own this thing here is everything you need to know about it: diagrams, code, drawings help yourself.  (I don't want to be bother for each time a minor change will be made to the system that doesn't affect my part) and chances are that if there is a good relationship with Mr. Customer, he always is going to request more services anyway

This is exactly my philosophy.