Panel Support Tabs

Damian

I just received my brand shiny new 10" Unistream brimming with excitement to start playing with it.  To my delight, included in the box were some "panel support tabs".  Definitely a cool little development tool.  The instructions say to put them in until they snap and lock in.  Yeah, they don't seem to do that.  They bottom out before they snap in.  Maybe i'm doing something wrong?  Also seems like there is not enough angle on the feet to support a reasonable finger press on the screen.  Too bad ....... would have been a great feature.  Tried them on the 5" i have and they don't snap into that one either.  Maybe something off with the injection molding.

• MVP 2023

The panel feet really are handy.  Unfortunately, as you've described, the chef took them out of the oven before they were done.

The instructions really need to have an addition that you need to provide your own retainer:

image.png.dded0bd541e45ba1dc3ca9650fe06458.png

That's my V1210 with a panel foot and a wadded-up piece of toilet paper to keep it in place.  If you want me to make you one I'll assign a JTA part number to it - I'm thinking $9.99 ea.  Cigar ashes included at no extra charge.  6-8 week delivery.

😄

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

We have also made some progress in this direction -  made new legs for the controller that resemble goose paws (3D printer used). Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of the present invention now, but they are distinguished only by the presence of one clamp that easily secures the leg in the right place.

5 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

If you want me to make you one I'll assign a JTA part number to it - I'm thinking $9.99 ea.  Cigar ashes included at no extra charge.  6-8 week delivery

Joe's invention needs to be patented! 🤣