Issue using older version

Rog

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11. So I installed Unistream 1.28.26 worked fine. Did installed every version up to latest. All opening fine on install. Keeping the older version as well. Before anything said. I have applications out there that are built on older version. Due to how long it takes to do downloads and updates on slow 4g internet can be. I have to keep using older version. Older version don't open. The splash screen starts then says loading components, Then just disappears. Running old version on old laptop worked fine. 

• MVP 2023

I do not use Unistream, and do not know how different instances can work together, but from what you are saying I would be very careful using your "different" versions as they might be a "mix" of old and new.  It seems like your registry was always looking for Unistream information  on only one of your installations.....the one on C. If you need older versions, I would be either doing virtual installs, or keep on using your old laptop.

@AlexUT  or others.   Is there a recommended way for various versions to be on the same system?

• MVP 2023
15 hours ago, Ausman said:

Is there a recommended way for various versions to be on the same system?

Unlike VisiLogic, with UniLogic it all happens automatically. When you install a new version it asks if you want to keep the old version. If you say yes, it will be there and available as always. No need for Version Swapper or similar. If you use desktop shortcuts, as I do, you just need to make sure they're labeled properly and you're good to go. However, unlike VisiLogic, (IIRC) UniLogic cannot run two instances simultaneously - unless something has changed recently.

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, Ausman said:

how many older versions can you have? 

Limited only by hard drive space, as far as I can tell.

1 hour ago, Ausman said:

How does that work when doing the newer install?  Does it sort of cascade things based on the immediate predecessor?

It's been awhile since I upgraded (I don't do UniLogic that often), but IIRC, it just adds a new folder with the new version and leaves the old one alone. The old one remains functional.