V1210 T20BJ Socket 3 connection issues

I currently have a V700 with a subroutine that works great and is able to communicate with a server I wrote to emulate my label printer.  As soon as I ported the logic to the V1210 I am not able to connect with it.  The Ethernet card exists (SB141), Card is initialized (SB142)socket is initializing (SB146), but the socket refuses to connect.  I am also able to see the port open and listening on my side.  I am currently using Socket 3 as it is the only socket that is open to use TCP.

I am not sure what else to do here to identify the issue preventing a connection.

• MVP 2023

Hopefully you're aware of the vast differences between the way Ethernet works on a V700 vs a V1210.

Why is Socket 3 the only available socket? Have you confirmed that you have not duplicated port numbers on any of the sockets?

Are the PLC and server on the same subnet?

What communications protocol are you using?

Have you set up the connect logic properly? Can you post your program here for us to take a look?

Socket three is the only TCP one available to us.  1 and 2 are both used by other components.  I am able to connect with the PLC  through visilogic. they are both on the same subnet.  This is the only place in the program that this is used.  Everything else is modbus.  Unfortunately I can not post everything but here is the logic used to set it up.  I am not able to change this much without a lot of red tape to go through.  The same logic and settings work on the V700. I am aware they are different.  To clarify we have the snap in communications V200-19-ET2 module.

image.png.9fcc2b335f02317120886aecf87165ec.png
image.png.65452c5c123793e9162b0cbeec985346.png
image.png.3a38b016e7e7d33462c2911d537ed78b.png
image.thumb.png.751d6e1cc7a33bf1ac2e39eaf1ae8e95.png
image.png.c3384650b5a30564c3e7eeed801b5457.png

1 hour ago, Cam said:

Mal,

V700 handles sockets differently than the V1210.

You also mentioned it's in a subroutine, you did remember to call the subroutine in the V1210's logic when you imported the it?(asking cause I've been there and NOT done that)

I'm an idiot.  Thank you...

• MVP 2023

Please explain the reason for using SB0.  I don't use it at all, but my understanding is that it is always OFF.  To my eye on a quick look, even if it changes to permanently off in the first scan, some of other logic running from it won't work anyway.  Perhaps it's meant to be SB1?

cheers, Aus

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ausman said:

Please explain the reason for using SB0.  I don't use it at all, but my understanding is that it is always OFF.  To my eye on a quick look, even if it changes to permanently off in the first scan, some of other logic running from it won't work anyway.  Perhaps it's meant to be SB1?

cheers, Aus

That is dead code.  That rung is only applicable to the v700.  Its essentially a comment for this use.

• MVP 2023
51 minutes ago, MAL said:

That is dead code.  That rung is only applicable to the v700.  Its essentially a comment for this use.

Right-clicking and selecting "Disable" is normally how a ladder rung is turned off, but there are some elements that VisiLogic won't allow to be in a disabled rung. Sometimes I want to disable a rung with those types of elements for some testing or troubleshooting and never thought of doing this <insert headslap emoji>. Thanks for the tip, MAL!

• Like 1