Vision 280 and zenon SCADA communication

Hello all,

I have question related to connecting Vision 280 with Modbus TCP zenon SCADA driver. I have experience with other PLC-s but not with Unitronics.

Please find attached config below:

image.png.792632fadc344e817c8df16b01c9d0e6.png

Below you can see zenon driver config and one variable config. I tried to see ML12 from program. Is this the way to directly call adress from SCADA or I missed some step?

sigma is PLC name, PLC IP is in range of PLC.

image.thumb.png.4a7baa6c62f0685e97c0aa6254be8df0.png

On 9/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, Milos said:

Hello all,

I have question related to connecting Vision 280 with Modbus TCP zenon SCADA driver. I have experience with other PLC-s but not with Unitronics.

Please find attached config below:

image.png.792632fadc344e817c8df16b01c9d0e6.png

Below you can see zenon driver config and one variable config. I tried to see ML12 from program. Is this the way to directly call adress from SCADA or I missed some step?

sigma is PLC name, PLC IP is in range of PLC.

image.thumb.png.4a7baa6c62f0685e97c0aa6254be8df0.png

I believe you are missing socket connection after TCP/IP Card Init (I am not sure if it is required only if you are not using the standarconfig) . and the correct Offset is 20492, the 5000 in the documentation is an Hexadecimal value, and I have the hunch that zenon uses a decimal value:  5000h = 20480 DEC 20480 + 12 = 20492.

6 hours ago, Milos said:

Thank you Fernando.

I will check with socket connection. Regarding adressing,  Vision 280 should be basic model so adressess listed in manual should be Decimal, for advanced is Hex. Anyway I will try.

Thank you one more time.

I think you are correct. Also i found another manual online that says ML statrs on 5100, you could try 5112 and see if that works

• MVP 2023

1.    I don't put any conditions on my SCAN_EX Modbus Slave block - 

image.png.d14c6d7399e7f42809d9b29ba5f0891e.png

2.  As Fernando pointed out, your net ID should be 255.

3.  All of the V280's memory is open to read via Modbus.  Rather than fighting to get the right offset for an ML read, try setting your offset to 0 to read MI 0 to establish a baseline that your communication works.   Set your Data Type to INT.  If that doesn't work try offset 1.

4.  Your "Data Block" is set to 0.  Should that be at least 1?

Otherwise, upload your program.

Joe T.

• 2 weeks later...