V350 R6 network connection and PLC not responding

Hello everybody

I got this HMI from a friend ,  in the end i want to learn how to use this HMI in combination with some I/O extension interface 

image.thumb.png.0c5c6a8d21a192e98387759e3b051ce5.pngimage.png.99cf127101e2e668344ed9b522924db2.png

My problem :

when i am trying to connect my PC to this HMI with a network cable without a switch else router  .

i got this info from my PC CMD

image.png.1677f46e40a76c84ab6c6a89a611b50a.png

i try to change my settings in my ethernet adapter and the HMI is not responding 

i add this settings in VisiLogics OPLC IDE and the HMI is not responding ,

How can i reset the entire HMI to factory settings ??

what should i try ??

• MVP 2023

The screen on the V350 says "No Application".  That means there is no program loaded into it.  If you look at the Ethernet examples that install when you download and install Visilogic, you'll see that you need to configure the Ethernet port using a couple of function blocks in the program.

To initially communicate with the V350 you'll need a USB to Serial adapter with the Prolific chipset and a Unitronics serial cable.  A Unitronics distributor can supply both of these, and they're not expensive.

Joe T.

16 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

The screen on the V350 says "No Application".  That means there is no program loaded into it.  If you look at the Ethernet examples that install when you download and install Visilogic, you'll see that you need to configure the Ethernet port using a couple of function blocks in the program.

To initially communicate with the V350 you'll need a USB to Serial adapter with the Prolific chipset and a Unitronics serial cable.  A Unitronics distributor can supply both of these, and they're not expensive.

Joe T.

Hi Joe  , 

i agree with you , i did create a function block, but i trying to program the PLC via Ethernet with empty SD card insert in the PLC(this is why there is no allocation/program loaded) , 

from my understanding , first i have to use a convertor from USB to serial (RJ11)  , and later i will use the network to program the PLC .

else i am wrong ??,

image.png.2116e981425a80b6853aee0a622ad4a7.png

• MVP 2023

I recommend you use a different socket and port # for your communications with the external device. The reason for that is that the standard PC to PLC communications uses port 20256, and socket 1 defaults to that for you. While that is only the default, and you can change things in VisiLogic to use any port you want, there is no reason not to keep this as simple as possible while you're learning.

Use socket 2 or 3 and set it to an appropriate port # for your external device. It doesn't hurt to go ahead and initialize socket 1 to port 20256 and set to server (slave) for your PC-PLC comms using VisiLogic over ethernet.

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, _Radu_ said:

but i trying to program the PLC via Ethernet with empty SD card insert in the PLC(this is why there is no allocation/program loaded)

Also, not sure what you're trying to say here. The PLC program does not reside on the SD card. You can upload or download a program to or from an SD card, but that requires some PLC code to make that function.