AUTO PUNCHING WITH UNITRONICS SERVO

sunit

System Integrator :- Shriram Automation

Application: - Auto punching on channels up to 8m.

Hydraulic press: - Three press with different punches.

Servo motor:- 2 , Pusher and Puller. The pusher and puller motor were use to do indexing of channel.

PLC :- US7-B5-TA30

SERVO MOTOR & DRIVE :- UNITRONICS

This application is for punching holes on a 8m channel with three different punches. The hole profile of every press varied from job to job. The objective of this machine was to punch all three types of hole on the channel during a single feed to increase production. It only took 40s to punch a 8m long channel. The channel is loaded in the machine and the pusher servo starts pushing the job in the punch die at the same time making indexing movements as per hole distance. All the three press were in a line and after every indexing a press use to punch a hole in the channel depending on the program.

Program :- For 3m channel

PRESS 1

PRESS 2

PRESS 3

The PLC used for the application was the 7” Unistream , the most powerful and user friendly controller. Advance features of the Unistream were use to build this application and a user friendly interface. The controller automatically calculated the indexing position for the pusher and puller as per the hole distances. Once the pusher reaches its extreme end limit the puller comes into action by pulling out the remaining part of the channel out from the punch die while continuing its indexing for the remaining holes.

There were several advantages of using unitronics in this application.

1. The PLC and servo drive used the CANopen communication eliminating the limitations of a PTO. All the drive parameters were accessible from the PLC making it easy to modify them.

2. All in one software was an awesome advantage of using unitronics. PLC , servo drive , HMI screens , VNC server, USB & SD card everything was configured using a single platform.  This helped in keeping the track of the program.

3. Advance features of the unistream were used in this application. The punch program was created on a PC . The program file was copied in a USB stick and transferred to the table in the PLC. This feature reduced the down time between job change over. VNC was used to operate the machine from a mobile making it convenient for the operator to start stop the machine from any location. The servo motors were with absolute encoder which did not required doing homing after power failure. The program can be resumed from its last position after power on.

IMG-20190903-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20190903-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190903-WA0012.jpg

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, kratmel said:

Is it possible to post the name plate of servo and motor?

The servo is a soon to be released product.  Sunit must have gotten his paws on one of the beta units for this project. 

That information wasn't supposed to be publicly released yet, as Unitronics doesn't want people hammering them with "When can I have it?  When can I have it?"  A salesman will sell a new product regardless of whether he can actually get it.

Joe T.

21 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

The servo is a soon to be released product.  Sunit must have gotten his paws on one of the beta units for this project. 

That information wasn't supposed to be publicly released yet, as Unitronics doesn't want people hammering them with "When can I have it?  When can I have it?"  A salesman will sell a new product regardless of whether he can actually get it.

Joe T.

I thank the Unitronics team for making me the part of the beta project.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...