USC-B10-B1 doesn't start Firmware update process.

Hello, I'm trying to connect my PC to a USC-B10-B1 (PLC with no HMI integrated) via USB and the following message appears telling me to update the firmware of the PLC in order to connect to it.

image.png.ebed8ed07836cb95e2e26b516d458ec7.png

Since this model doesn't come with a HMI i need to remotely update via a USB external storage device with an action file (.xml) that executes when pressing the CONFIRM button in the PLC 

image.png.976e28c0280d6af02c6669e659caa1cc.png

However, when I plug in the USB device, the USB LED state in the PLC is still off, meaning the action file is not recognized. Pressing the CONFIRM button does nothing and there hasn't been created any log files in the USB when i plug it back into the PC to check. I have tried it with 2 USB devices and the result is the same. Both devices are 32GB of size and are formatted in FAT32.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed1c126a8bc766d61c64af40c388384b.jpeg

I also tried using the Remote Firmware Update Tool, again via USB, and with the target drive being also the USB where the files are.

image.png.95e6641a37d97d0c680b840234f10d5c.png

The downloading process starts normally but fails when it initiates the update.

image.png.1c2e766624422629c8656baf74eafa3d.pngimage.png.1524295c7aaf840f558e39b6b02e2646.png

This is where i get stuck and don't know what else to try. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Can you try with a different USB stick?

I've already encountered problems when the stick had corrupted sectors. I see that you already mentioned that you've tried 2 different sticks, but if both of them of the same brand, then maybe it doesn't like it.

@NoamM, your assistance will be welcome (Maybe debug it, or get a verbose log)

• 5 months later...
  • MVP 2023
On 3/18/2024 at 8:31 AM, Javier Firmapaz said:

when I plug in the USB device, the USB LED state in the PLC is still off, meaning the action file is not recognized. Pressing the CONFIRM button does nothing and there hasn't been created any log files in the USB when i plug it back into the PC to check. I have tried it with 2 USB devices and the result is the same. Both devices are 32GB of size and are formatted in FAT32.

Has there been any resolution to this? I have a brand-new USC-B5-B1 that is doing the same thing. No acknowledgement of the USB drive. I've tried a SanDisk 16GB drive and a PNY 32GB drive. No go with either. I am using UniLogic 1.33.373 on a Windows 10 desktop.

• MVP 2023

As a non-Unistream user but interested enough, I wanted to learn a little from this one.  I tried various references in the search box here:

https://support.unitronics.com

but had absolutely no luck in bringing anything up.

I then tried google which referenced this topic in the same area:

https://support.unitronics.com/index.php?/selfhelp/view-article/Upgrade-or-Downgrade-UniStream-panel

This appears to have broken links and also might be just for displays, but it implied that the support search box has far too strict methods, needing exact match.  But I then tried the exact name and it didn't even bring the google result up.  Go figure that one..  a much older version that google has hung onto perhaps?

The one thing that stood out to me in the "incomplete" article is that something else needs to be done....   "Copy the attached file into Unistream_Files folder".

Perhaps this is the issue, something missing from this folder?

Not knowing whether this was the answer, I looked a bit further at installation files.  I found references to 2 usb ports.  Huh?  There is the port that the photo above appears to be in use, but apparently there is another port hidden under a lower panel.  Description = USB Device port       Use for application download and  direct PC-UniStream communication.

Maybe it's a simple as the stick is in the wrong hole? 

All this will be nice to know for when I might eventually transition....

cheers, Aus