• MVP 2023

Put logic in your program to call your splash screen from SB2 - first scan bit. Then assign a bit under the display's Links and Jumps tab to be on while the screen is displayed.

Use this bit to run a timer in the logic for whatever duration you want your splash screen on. When the timer is done, call your main display.

Joe T.

• Upvote 1

Hi Mckruger,

The Start-Up Display will always display first. So if you want to dispay a logo as a splash screen place your image on this HMI. Within the logic under the ladder drop down use the HMI functions. Select HMI Loaded and choose the start-up display, when displayed it will set a bit. Link that bit to a short timer and when the timer activates use the Load HMI display to switch to the HMI you wish to be your main display.

• MVP 2014

Both of my esteemed colleagues appear to have missed the point of the question.

Firstly, I assume you mean the V1040 (you typed V1020).

There is the ability to set a splash screen that displays as soon as power is applied, to cover the black and white text that shows during the boot process.

This is described in the help, search for the term "Splash" and go to the "System Images" topic. You will need to perform a download to make the splash screen active.

If you want the splash screen to display for longer, also add the same image to the !Startup Display in your program, as per Joe's instructions.

• Upvote 2

yes did try ur approach by changing the system images.

Both of my esteemed colleagues appear to have missed the point of the question.

Firstly, I assume you mean the V1040 (you typed V1020).

There is the ability to set a splash screen that displays as soon as power is applied, to cover the black and white text that shows during the boot process.

This is described in the help, search for the term "Splash" and go to the "System Images" topic. You will need to perform a download to make the splash screen active.

If you want the splash screen to display for longer, also add the same image to the !Startup Display in your program, as per Joe's instructions.

I did change the system images to the 1 i want to use and downloaded the application.

the text still appears when powering on the plc.

when downloading a new version of software, it displays my image when downloading because i changed that in system images.

• MVP 2014

Ahh, my ESP waves did not reach that far. I see what's missing.

There is something missing from the help (sorry Cara), on the dialog box you should see a "DOS-like" icon with "c:\" on it. Click that one to add the startup splash image.

I hope that helps.

post-16-0-09563200-1367233312_thumb.png