Remote Connection

greml1n

Hello,

The ports used to go online/download can be found by trying to download or go online with the unit.  To the right, you will find a circular button with a downward arrow that says "ports" next to it.  If you click the button, the port numbers will appear below.

By default, the online port is set to 3335, and the download port is set to 22.

Hope this helps.

Is there a way to connect remotely to download or go online. The Unistream is running on my home network and the router has a static IP address. I have a functional VNC connection to the Unistream but cannot connect with Unilogic remotely to download or go online. My router is set up to forward the default VNC port 5900 to the Unistream. I tried playing with the port settings but still wont work. Is it possible to connect without being on the same network.

Hello,

You may change the port numbers to whatever you'd like in the UniStream.  In your router, though, you need to set up the forwarding such that when a connection comes in for the external port number you set up, it knows to direct the connection to the IP address of the UniStream and the specific internal port number in the unit on the Local Area Network.  So communication will come in for the WAN IP + External Port number, and the router will direct it to the LAN IP + Internal Port number.  This is all set up in the router.

Did you set up port forwarding for the VNC connection, or did that work without setting anything up in your router?

Yes I set up port forwarding for the VNC connection. In Unilogic I put in my WAN IP address that is static and have tried changing either/or/both port setting to the 5900-the default for my VNC connection.  VNC works but I cant connect remotely in Unilogic.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. I setup port forwarding using port 5900 for VNC and I have no problem connecting remotely with VNC. But I am trying to use Unilogic to connect remotely with no success. In Unilogic, I am using the default online and downloading ports 3335 and 22, respectively. In my modem, I have setup port forwarding so that 3335 and 22 (setup as separate services) is forwarded to the Panel device (same device as where VNC port 5900 is forwarded).  When I try to connect using Unitronics, I am getting "Ping to device was unsuccessful". Again, VNC connects fine. Please help!

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Is there only way to pay 750 SGD to the unitronics distributor to get the remote access unit (Helmholz REX-100) for access my unitronics unistream PLC by remotely..? 

Even though the PLC can support web server, its possible to view/change only at intranet..? not support over internet..? 

any other way to do setup for remote access my unistream PLC..?

Ganesh

Singapore. 

• MVP 2023

You need a static IP at the location where the PLC is installed and port forwarding set up in the router to access the PLC.  

If you can't get this, then you need a device such as you describe that sits on the same network as the PLC and handles this for you.  None of them are cheap.

Joe T. 

• 8 months later...

Mr. Joe,

Thanks for information. I understand nothing is cheap, but even its expensive i am ready to pay, but the thing is the REX-100 not working properly. So i want to replace.  Now i got static IP to my unistream PLC. Pls explain what are the port / service type need to forward at my router for remote access my PLC..?

Thanks Again

Ganesh 

Singapore

• 4 years later...

Hi There,

I am currently having the same problem. I can get the green confirmation tick in communications and all unistream Managmeant functions work. 

However, when downloading remotely via VPN/WAN the system prompts “download failed for unknown reason” 

VNC works perfectly, and no issue downloading/online when on LAN. 

Any ideas? 
Cheers

Warrick