"Invalid procedure or argument" when I try to communicate with JZ20-R31

Hi everyone,

I am trying to download my project to my Jazz JZ20-R31 PLC from U90Ladder. When I go to Controller -> M90 OPLC Settings, I click "Get Version" and I do get the correct data. "Get Time & Date" works as well, and so do the other PLC -> PC functions it seems. But when I click "Set Time & Date" or "Reset" or other PC -> PLC functions including "Download", I get an error message saying:

Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument

When I click "OK" the program closes. A colleague of mine has also installed U90Ladder following the same procedure I have, and everything went smoothly for him (we used the same PLC). This leads me to think that the problem is system-wide for me. I am using Windows 10.

Thank you.

Haris

• MVP 2023

OK.  Time for me to get Zzzzz, but in the meantime ensure your A/V isn't interfering.  And wait for someone else to chime in.  No doubt my subconscious will think about this all night....thanks so much!!!

M$oft has an annoying habit of breaking things with W10 updates.......and your system likely got one in the last few days if you let it.  Patch Tuesday.

cheers, Aus

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ausman said:

OK.  Time for me to get Zzzzz, but in the meantime ensure your A/V isn't interfering.  And wait for someone else to chime in.  No doubt my subconscious will think about this all night....thanks so much!!!

M$oft has an annoying habit of breaking things with W10 updates.......and your system likely got one in the last few days if you let it.  Patch Tuesday.

cheers, Aus

It was the Windows update! After removing the update from Tuesday, everything works. Thank you very much!

• MVP 2023

Good, but not so good for The Creators who now have to figure out what to change, given the supposedly "critical" nature of the latest updates and you now not having them.

@Saragani or @Cara Bereck Levy can perhaps advise the relevant team to look into it.  It might be just  your  system's quirks.

No doubt it will be the usual M$oft method of completely stopping some process until they figure out how to get around having a flawed process in the first place.  To me it all comes back to..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it", and "Build it Right First Time".  But I acknowledge that it is often hard for Non-Devious People to think along the lines of Devious ones!

cheers, Aus

Hi,

On the 15 August we got a few complaints that customers get this run time error 5 when they are trying to download application via U90Ladder.

We investigated more and found that this is an issue caused by the latest Microsoft update.  

In order to solve this issue until Microsoft will release new update - Please try to uninstall the update via "New installed updates" or roll back before the update. 

Please see below link to Microsoft update and known issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4512508/windows-10-update-kb4512508

*For other version of Windows Microsoft KB article number will be different.

Article can be found in the below link:

https://support.unitronics.com/index.php?/selfhelp/view-article/u90-ladder-and-runtime-error-5

Best Regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

Good news from Microsoft!

This time you can receive announcement about new KB update.

At my W7 Pro 64 bit update is next:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517297/windows-7-update-kb4517297

If no updsate announcement received yet, usee "Check for Updates".

Update may have different KB number for different OS and OS bitness (32 or 64).

So use "More information"link to be sure that this KB fixed VB errors.

B.R.

I have the same problem with the "5 error". I have found the following workaround:

1. "Create a Download file" from U90 Ladder (a D90 file)

2. Use this D90 file to create an UDC file with the Download Designer

3. Use UDC file with the Download Manager to get the program into a Jazz.

This works for me (although it is a bit of a hassle).