Wrong mailing

Good morning people!

I'm experiencing a problem sending emails with an UniStream USP-070-B10 programmed with UniLogic v1.28.26.

When I request to send an email, the email is correctly sent, but the content of it (body), appears as an attached file. This started happening some months ago, and we don't know why, because before it was working perfectly.

Does anyone know what could be going on?  @Cara Bereck Levy

Thanks in advance,

Gonzalo!

Before.png

After.png

Hi Gonzalo,

Do you use Gmail account?

After all tests found that there is a Gmail problem.

You have to check Gmail settings, or contact Gmail/Google to solve this.

It is recommended to search Internet to find how many other Gmail users faced the same problem.

B.R.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:59 AM, Cara Bereck Levy said:

hi--I don't know--this is the first time I've heard of this.

I just gave a heads-up to the commandos, thanks.

Hi @Cara Bereck Levy!

Thanks, let me know if you got something.. It's a strange behaviour.

22 hours ago, AlexUT said:

Hi Gonzalo,

Do you use Gmail account?

After all tests found that there is a Gmail problem.

You have to check Gmail settings, or contact Gmail/Google to solve this.

It is recommended to search Internet to find how many other Gmail users faced the same problem.

B.R.

Hi @AlexUT,

Yes, I was using Gmail account for the examples.

Looking after what you've said, I found some information on the web, but not exactly the same that's happening here.. There're few users with similar problems.

However, considering that the problem is external as you proposed (mail server, not Unistream), today I've tried with 2 other accounts (Zoho server), and the behave the same way Gmail account did.

So, I don't think that the problem is the mail server. Thanks!

I haven't tried with Hotmail, I will do it, and I'll let you know.

However, as I said, I've tried with Gmail and Zoho, and they behave the same way. That's the reason why I think it could be an internal configuration failure between Unistream and some SMTP servers.

Thanks for the suggestion Alex!

• MVP 2023

In the past I have heard of Gmail treating email differently if their algorithms decide that the addresses are somehow part of a known large-ish corporation/business.  I believed that there was some sort of threshold involvement. 

I guess that is the downside to using a free service.  The operator can do whatever they like with your info...even to the point of not doing anything with it if they think it is outside what they consider acceptable.  Have you tried changing all the gmail addresses involved to something else...even brand new?

cheers, Aus

Hi @Ausman,

It could be what you say, "the downside to using a free service"...
I've tried using another account in other mail service, called Zoho, but it behaves the same way. I'll try with Hotmail or with a new Gmail account and I'll share the results. If it works, I'll email Google Support in order to get a response  from them of that strange behaviour.

Thanks for posting your opinion, as always!

Cheers

• 8 months later...

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem (email text is attached as "body1.txt" file). What I can say, this is not only a gmail problem, Same problem exists also with other email providers and with different email clients. It seems that something in the unistream email format need to be manually adjusted (character set or encoding type).
In some devices (mostly android device) the email body text is displayed as plain coded text. Gmail, Outlook, and Samsung E-mail have a "body1.text" file attached.

This email sending problem needs a quick repair. Using same e-mail account and servers with Vision series the e-mail arrives in correct and readable format.