Samba 4.3 Analog Input and Output

Hello,

This is my first time trying out a Unitronics PLC. 

I'm trying to use the analog output to simulate a 4 - 20 mA input. I've watched the youtube tutorial, but I'm trying to use a 4 - 20 mA output instead of a 0 - 10 V output. I'm assuming the process would be similar but I can't get it to work. I have attached some photos of the parameters I've set and of the ladder logic. Is this the correct way to adjust the analog output of the plc? Have I set up the linearization table correctly? 

Currently all that happens is the analog output changes on the screen with the up and down buttons but nothing else. I will test this output with a meter to verify if there is a 4 - 20 mA output being generated.

I have connected the 0V to CM (terminal 4) and to appropriate 0V terminals, the A0 output to AN 2 (Terminal 9). Would this be correct?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

image.png.1c152e25dad48900d538778b257af184.png

image.png.cc13534ecbc30e6f4437d9b9bc68aed0.png

image.png.8067a8b7ecdda1df3a7206f310442595.png

image.png.5e2833628564f4e6bb162ab0f8f60ff9.png

image.png.ffd846d1c91b490a66b4c90ad3b203d3.png

• MVP 2023

You've really got to watch out for those Australians.  The ones I know are crackers :)

It looks like you've got the gist of how to get started with the programming but you've got a couple of flaws.

People who post on the forum hate when we say this, but you really have to go back and look the data sheets over.  I've never understood why Unitronics has separate Installation and Specification sheets but they do.  Read both three times. 

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SM35_43_70_RA22_IG_2_16.pdf

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SMXX-J-RA22-SPEC-2-16.pdf

29 minutes ago, LFusion2021 said:

Can this be done by removing the back panel to access the I/O board?

I'll give you some hints, but the best way to learn something is to get confused, do some digging, and then discover the solution with your own brain power.

In the above data sheets, you will learn that Unitronics encourages you to take their PLC apart to configure it.  You will also learn that the resolution of the analog output is different than the analog input.

If you don't figure this out after 15 minutes post your questions again.

Upload your program, too.

Joe T.

31 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

You've really got to watch out for those Australians.  The ones I know are crackers :)

It looks like you've got the gist of how to get started with the programming but you've got a couple of flaws.

People who post on the forum hate when we say this, but you really have to go back and look the data sheets over.  I've never understood why Unitronics has separate Installation and Specification sheets but they do.  Read both three times. 

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SM35_43_70_RA22_IG_2_16.pdf

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/SMXX-J-RA22-SPEC-2-16.pdf

I'll give you some hints, but the best way to learn something is to get confused, do some digging, and then discover the solution with your own brain power.

In the above data sheets, you will learn that Unitronics encourages you to take their PLC apart to configure it.  You will also learn that the resolution of the analog output is different than the analog input.

If you don't figure this out after 15 minutes post your questions again.

Upload your program, too.

Joe T.

Cheers Joe, 

I've worked out what you meant with the resolution differences. I've changed the program and the unit working as expected now. 

Thanks for the advice