One PLC Two Screens

Hi All,

I have an application that I will need to control the machine from 1 unistream PLC/hmi and have a remote screen on the other side of the machine.

Is it possible to just use another HMI as a VNC client that will auto connect on power up? Does it need a CPU or Just the HMI?

A cheaper option would be to run a small tablet type device and VNC as well but that would not auto connect.

Basically looking for the best option so the operator does not have to do anything when the machine is powered up.

Thanks in advance.

-Swervomotor

• MVP 2023

Swervo, what is the exact need for the remote screen?   Maybe it could be changed to an indicator and switch array running from physical I/Os, if only minimal functionality is needed.

Here's a possible hacking project for @kratmel  !!     Explore the interface between the screen and what runs it.  I feel sure that along that chain there would be a possiblity to have a splitter of some sort in place that could show identical screens concurrently, without any touch on the remote one(s).  It could all be likely done very easily by using connectors that match internals.  Kratmel....that might make you some $s!!

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023

42 minutes ago, Ausman said:

Here's a possible hacking project for @kratmel  !!

If Swervomotor explane used Unistream model and  what it need on second screen i can run solution on my lab.

Two 7' Unistream modular present and i can run VNC on one of screen.

Good idea is to ask support about possible setup.

43 minutes ago, Ausman said:

Kratmel....that might make you some $s!!

I investigate Unistream hardware  but maybe it is  not possible to use internal LVDS (display interface) for run on two screen.

P.S.

One of this 7' Unistream with old firmware i accidentally sw. to VNC screen mode and do not find the way how to go back.

Only support online connection help to correct this issue.

Then if you need to run Unistream modular as VNC panel  - please check firmware version before and install current version if it possible.

On 3/25/2021 at 5:24 PM, Ausman said:

Swervo, what is the exact need for the remote screen?   Maybe it could be changed to an indicator and switch array running from physical I/Os, if only minimal functionality is needed.

Here's a possible hacking project for @kratmel  !!     Explore the interface between the screen and what runs it.  I feel sure that along that chain there would be a possiblity to have a splitter of some sort in place that could show identical screens concurrently, without any touch on the remote one(s).  It could all be likely done very easily by using connectors that match internals.  Kratmel....that might make you some $s!!

cheers, Aus

Ausman, 

This will be a leak down tester with operators on both sides of a machine. It's not complicated enough to have 2 separate machines/plc but we would like to be able to see the real time data/have acknowledgement screens/etc. from both test stations

I will read the thread @kratmel thank you for the contribution.

-Swervomotor

Hi Swervo 

I had a similar issue and I used the "webserver" in unilogic to create a nice HMI and ran a touch screen and a Raspberry PI on the other side of the machine to feed data to the "far" side operator.

I didn't quite get to write a load script for the Raspberry Pi but operators seemed more than comfortable opening the web browser and having the home page set to the PLC web page.

Cheers

Andrew

• 3 months later...