Digital input address assignments?

7 hours ago, RickL said:

Hi!

In the hardware configuration screen (below), are these "fixed", must use these addresses and then assign to my ladder code input? 

(1,2,3,4)  ?

image.png.fc1834d1b5213f65133658c85d13e7c6.png

image.png.a641240a3cec322795b8f936be79c084.png

OK ...... well it was easy to set the this analog sensor (below) hardware to ladder code, "address 10" in hardware is same as in ladder code.

I don't see this linking address assignment when I try to make address assignments in the digital inputs above.

in other words, how is  MI11, MI12, MI13 and MI14  linked (assigned) to their hardware inputs.

.........  change to:                MI1, MI2, MI3 and MI4   ?

image.png.79c089e46f974f88896d09de65ba6a24.png

image.png.9cf433a2b469cd63a22053b45cd1acfb.png

• MVP 2023

Digital inputs (and outputs) do not need to be "linked". You use them in ladder or HMI exactly like MBs.

Regarding linking analog I/O, that is part of the firmware that performs the analog-to-digital or digital-to-analog conversion required to interact with the external world (the external world is all analog and the PLC is all digital).

• MVP 2023

Turbine meters just generate on/off pulses.  You've made a leap and assigned a flowrate to them in MI 11..14.  It doesn't work that way.

You're going to have to convert those pulses to a flow rate based on their frequency, unless your flowmeters also have an analog output which represents flowrate.

In the Help there is an example called V280_Flow_and_totalizing which may give you some direction.  This example uses a flowmeter tied to the HSC on the E3XB, which has a maximum input of 10 kHz.

You'll have to determine the frequency of the turbine meter since you've decided to connect them to regular inputs.  Your input response will be limited to 1/(scan time x 2), since the input must be on for a scan and then off for a scan.

You can use an oscilloscope to determine the frequency directly if you have them installed, or I'll leave it as homework for you to figure it out base on your flowmeter specifications.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

RickL, you can connect your digital inputs to whatever physical input you want that is available.  It's called unscrew the terminal, remove the wire and refit into whichever other free DI terminal you want to use.

However, in your great discovery of Unitronics plcs, have you noticed that there is a Help section in the Menu bar of Visilogic?

Nearly all of your questions to date could have been very quickly answered by you spending a little time using the various Help files available.  You need to keep very firmly in your mind that nearly all the members of this forum are volunteers.  We all spend time helping others by giving input on an odd issue or problem that arises, or sharing solutions for other "quirky" things that we may have already encountered that aren't covered elsewhere, doing it all for no $s.  Some of us are moderators putting in considerable time.

We are NOT here to teach PLC basics which can be easily found using the supplied literature.  Most of your questions so far have been PLC 101, which is not what the forum is for.  Your question in this topic is easily explained in Hardware Configuration/Configuring Digital Inputs.  It took me 5 seconds to find that, which I also did many, many years ago when first using the system and needing to understand this brand's specifics, by looking in the Index and finding "Input".

Aus

RickL

Not to sound like an old grouch here, but it the past couple weeks you have posted a myriad of questions covering many common aspects of typical PLC programming.

As though you have decided to jump headstrong into PLC's without taking the time to learn the fundamentals of how they work. The questions you ask lead us to believe that you have some concept of the things you are trying to create, but perhaps just not in the PLC world.

You would do well to take the time to study basic PLC topology, that way you can answer a lot of your own questions instead of posting here every time you get stumped.

@ Ausman & John !  

"Welcome to the Vision and Samba series forum
Talk about issues related to the Vision and Samba PLC + HMI series and to VisiLogic software"

"....... helping others by giving input on an odd issue or problem that arises, or sharing solutions for other "quirky" things that we may have already encountered that aren't covered elsewhere, doing it all for no $s.

Didn't see this in the  forum's scope of  permissible questions.  Can you point it out to all of us please?  (sounds more like something you just made up!  Please feel free not to respond to questions that don't meet your "Quirky" standards)

• MVP 2023

Play nice, boys......

@RickL - it would be really helpful for you to sit down with someone who can explain the basics of PLCs in a couple hour session.  I always do this with a new customer.  

Did you happen to get your PLC from a distributor that can help?

33 minutes ago, RickL said:

Didn't see this in the  forum's scope of  permissible questions. 

This is true, but if you look through the forum you'll see that the majority of the questions are answered by about six people.  And those six people are grumpy old bastards like myself who believe that the newbie should do his best to dig through the available documentation to solve his problem before throwing it out to the Internet.

Here's an action photo of us behind the scenes - 

image.png.f154539aa55e1ce75d951a68cd9ad84d.png   

So, yes, you can post as much as you wish, but don't be surprised if the time to answer your post gets longer and longer.  We are people, after all.

I a distributor and put my actual real name on the forum.  If you want to Google me up and call me during the day you are welcome to.

The official Unitronics support channel is an email to support@unitronics.com.

Joe T. 

Thank-you Joe!

I hear ya!     :  )

In your response here to my forum use question      "This is true, but ......... "    - Joe

Your response should have ended  at  ".....true".   Attaching  to this  "...... your just 6 grumpy old guys" suggests you expect some kind of acceptance of the obviously false made up rules by Ausman    .. ....   and expect from us in this community forum members to swallow it!

This is very poor Joe  ...... one out weighs the other so  immensely , they should never stand aside to each other.