HMI elements randomly lose their transparent property

• MVP 2023

Anyone else experience this? Whenever I have a very complex HMI screen with dozens of image elements, one or more will randomly lose their transparent property (the box unchecks itself). This has been happening to me often over the last 10-15 years through every version of VisiLogic up to and including the most recent version, multiple PLC models (all color touchscreen), and has happened on multiple computers and operating systems.

Very frustrating.

Hi Flex727!     :  )

Not exactly .....  but this maybe a "like" issue.

While building a very heavily populated  HMI .....  putting many elements into a "Group" collection,   will almost every time misalign or "shift over" random elements already in place (maybe by only a pixel or two).

Crazy and frustrating!   :  (

The red blocks in the pic below were all in line when laid down originally!    :  (

Sewer Pipe Liner.png

• MVP 2023

Please clarify whether we are talking about the Visilogic itself or the program loaded in the PLC.

I had a problem displaying various image properties and complex elements for the V1040. Reached out to support with this. It was advised to use the increased value of the variable SI246. It helped.

In the case of transparency, I had a problem only with program loaded to PLC V350 in which the interrupt routine is used. I didn't understand the connection between the interrupt and the graphics transparency, but I had to redesign the screen so that the problem on the main window does not annoy the user.

P.S. Most recently, during the process of loading the program, I noticed that small changes in the program are not recorded in the environment, and when I try to download, a message pops up that the program in the PLC is the same as in Visilogic. However, changes have definitely occurred, although they are minor.

Perhaps the transparency properties are similarly not entered somewhere in the database and are lost when the project is saved.

"Please clarify whether we are talking about the Visilogic itself or the program loaded in the PLC."      - Kratmel

Hello Kratmel!       :  )

The HMI problems I was having were mostly self-inflicted I think.   I now realize I was way exceeding the refresh capabilities of the display unit resulting in poor graphic animations. 

In the IDE , there was a definite and progressive slowing down of every HMI change or addition  to the HMI. It was taking longer and longer to take (record) any command.   At one point, the IDE crashed big time! (was very stable before all the animation work)  Crashed everything!   I had to REVO everything and install fresh IDE.

New install working perfectly and fast!   

Aside from the display refresh issues,  I noticed when "Group" and "un-Group" ing,  collections they would tend to paste off slightly from where they were set.   I have seen the same group pasting affect previously placed objects that were not involved in current operation  (but were still assigned into that group)  where  one or two members within this group would "jump" to a new location (1 or 2 pixels away).    I was thinking "the instruction codes are running out of glue?      :   )

This was too crazy a time to determine anything with  any certainty at this time ......  I'll just keep an eye out should the problems reappear.

Thank you for your response!

• MVP 2023

I've had occasional instances like Kratmel's where minor changes of many types don't seem to register properly.  I get around this by altering something big, like a coil insert etc. then deleting it, and then doing the save.

Flex, I also recall your method of altering images yourself to get transparency adjusting the single pixel.  Maybe this throws the system somehow?  What happens if you inspect the offending image when the tickbox goes off, to see what your pixel is then?

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
13 minutes ago, Ausman said:

What happens if you inspect the offending image when the tickbox goes off, to see what your pixel is then?

I find no change in the image itself - only the tickbox becomes unchecked. I have not yet been able to determine when that happens: during a save, or during the file open, or just randomly with the file open.