Jump to content

Protect your Vision and Samba Systems with New Security Enhancements


Recommended Posts

Your security is our priority, and we are pleased to announce the release of VisiLogic version 9.9.00. This version focuses on enhancing and strengthening the protection of your automation systems.
It requires you to change default passwords and implement complex passwords and comprises new features to protect Vision and Samba controllers. These features include mandatory password protection for PCOM communications via Ethernet, a method enabling you to block remote access actions initiated via PCOM, and a way to change the Information Mode default password via Ladder.   

Unitronics strongly recommends that users with existing applications comprising Vision and Samba controllers that are connected to the internet, update to the current VisiLogic and firmware version, as well as to updated versions of Unitronics’ compatible utilities.

In addition to securing Device Level security by using the features included in this new VisiLogic version, implementing effective system security requires a layered approach.

While upgrading to this version enhances device security, network protection is essential as your first line of defense.

It is highly important to make sure that any internet connection will be done using firewalls to restrict unwanted access and that there are no port forwarding settings exposing automation equipment directly to the public network.

Upgrade Now for Enhanced Security

We highly recommend updating to VisiLogic 9.9.00 to benefit from the latest security enhancements and ensure the protection of your critical industrial systems.

The new version is available on our site: https://www.unitronicsplc.com/software-visilogic-for-programmable-controllers/

* For UniCloud customers: please contact us for specific guidance.

For detailed instructions on upgrading and implementing the recommended security measures, please Click Here or contact directly to our technical support team.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Thanks for security updates.

Another big problem still exist is PLC trying  going to Info mode while remotely controlled if client push and hold screen.

Then client see INFO MODE not supprted and randomly push screen and cannot go out due PLC asking password but not showing  it and not react to Esc button.

Please update software to block PLC going to info mode remotely absolutely.

 

not allowed.JPG

entpas.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • MVP 2023
4 hours ago, ZebioEE said:

But need block PLC going to info mode remotely !

If set zero SI 50 it not possible go info mode physically.

Need someway  link SI 50  with remotes.

Require a password to change the value of SI 50 or password protect a button for SB 36, or place the button on a screen not accessible remotely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

When you say "remote session", what are you referring to specifically?

I mean when cosumer connected PLC using  phone APP or another remote access program.

PLC firmare is detect remote session and showing confusing message screen  instead just block any try go to info mode.

If SB 140 will show remote session then can be write zero to SI 50 to block " confusing message screen"  and restore value 4 when session finished.

SB 36 - also have strange behave can set 1 by program (info screen pop-up) but cannot be creared, only physically need press Esc-

confus.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2023 at 6:13 PM, ZebioEE said:

I mean when cosumer connected PLC using  phone APP or another remote access program.

PLC firmare is detect remote session and showing confusing message screen  instead just block any try go to info mode.

If SB 140 will show remote session then can be write zero to SI 50 to block " confusing message screen"  and restore value 4 when session finished.

SB 36 - also have strange behave can set 1 by program (info screen pop-up) but cannot be creared, only physically need press Esc-

confus.JPG

@ZebioEE,  your comments have been forwarded to the team and we are looking into them--thanks for posting.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi;

Memory  Values can be backed up 

Do this Before   working with the OS

 

From VisiLogic:

Connection  -- lower section  - Just above communication and US

        Export  PLC Operands to  Text file

  or  Export PLC Operands to Binary file.

 

Then  do the reverse -- Import  the values back in

 

DanT

 

  

     

   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, DanT said:

Hi;

Memory  Values can be backed up 

Do this Before   working with the OS

 

From VisiLogic:

Connection  -- lower section  - Just above communication and US

        Export  PLC Operands to  Text file

  or  Export PLC Operands to Binary file.

 

Then  do the reverse -- Import  the values back in

 

DanT

 

  

     

   

Thanks DanT

Is not help unfortunately for remote OS updates.

Because new OS eraising all MI and also network parameter's, then PLC system restart with all zero  and you cannot connect it due PLC name , IP  etc. all zeroes and no possible restore parameters just for reason unable to connection.

With previously OS updates was never eraising parameters, I'm using Unictonics PLC ~15Years and first time this issue popped up.

If you can physically make updates then is can set up back, but I have many abroad  system's and canot update without on site helps what is very inconvenient due most consumers is end users and not PLC geek . Also is looking unprofessional.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 7:28 PM, ZebioEE said:

Another big problem still exist is PLC trying  going to Info mode while remotely controlled if client push and hold screen.

Then client see INFO MODE not supprted and randomly push screen and cannot go out due PLC asking password but not showing  it and not react to Esc button.

Please update software to block PLC going to info mode remotely absolutely.

Hi @ZebioEE

Thanks for posting. This issue is fixed in OS 4.12.46; please try it and let us know if you have any difficulties.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 8:53 AM, Cara Bereck Levy said:

Hi--sorry for the lag in answering! It is included with the most recent VisiLogic release.

You can also update the OS's via Live Update from the Web.


Mmh,I already tried that.

The most recent version I can find on Unitronics' website is VisiLogic 9.9.0 Build 0, which offers OS 4.12 (38) only.
And I also already tried the search for online updates as you mentioned. But as of today Live Update fails. It says there are no updates available.

Maybe you can support us by posting the .uos-file here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2024 at 9:49 PM, Bisku said:


Mmh,I already tried that.

The most recent version I can find on Unitronics' website is VisiLogic 9.9.0 Build 0, which offers OS 4.12 (38) only.
And I also already tried the search for online updates as you mentioned. But as of today Live Update fails. It says there are no updates available.

Maybe you can support us by posting the .uos-file here?

I will talk to support.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...