Alarms and Unilogic

shargy

Hi support team.

I took a look to the new alarm feature in the new UniLogic Version.

I like the new feature, as it is a very comfortable method to configure and handle the alarms of my applications.

I have only one question remaining. Is it possible to translate the Description and the Countermeasures? When i configured an alarm, i did not find it in my Language lists.

Thanks and BR

Hi, the Alarm Group display name, the Alarm display name, the descriptions and the countermeasures are all translatale.

Current, when you change the active language, UniLogic would load the translated text. (For example, in English, which is for example, the default language, you've set the description to be "Hello World". Now if you change the active language in UniLogic, if the description was not translated, then it will show "Hello World". However, if you now re-enter the text, it will translate the description in the active language).

We intend to add a translate on grid or through Excel, just like in the HMI, in the future.

OK. To avoid misunderstandings. I have the following problems with the translation of my Alarms:

- I configured alarms in the solution explorer. There i enter an Description e.g. "Temperature too high" and an Countermeasures e.g. "Check cooling unit".

- The default language is set to english, an second language is configured e.g. german

- Now I want to translate this entered texts in my solution explorer under the menu "Project/languages/German"

My problem is that the texts e.g. "Termperature too high" or "Check cooling unit" does not appear in the Solution explorers "Project/languages/German" menue.

If you write that this texts are all translateable - please let me know how? Am I doing something wrong?

I am using the latest Version of UniLogic 1.14 Rev. 44

Thanks in advance

Hi, as I said, currently, Alarms texts does not appear in the Texts grid (but however, it is still translatable, just like the HMI was translatable before the translation grid existed).

Translations can be made within the element/alarm itself.

Please note, that you should enter the texts/elements/alarms while the default language is active. The reason is that, if for example, German (which is not the default) is set, and you add an Alarm,

then the alarm was added with the default display name: "Alarm 1" (for example), so now if you translate the German text to Temperatur zu hoch ist, the english text is still left untouched (and remains as "Alarm 1"). You need to also remember to translate the english text.

We will add an "on grid", or through Excel translation feature in the future.

• 1 month later...

I would like to suggest an enhancement for the alarm function. Often times, we will have some sort of valve to control such as a gate valve or an auto ball valve which is equipped with open/closed limit switches. The limit switches are almost always tied to an alarm so that when the solenoid is energized or de-energized, the valve is expected to change positions. If the solenoid is switched and the designated limit switch is not made within a short period of time, an alarm sounds to indicate that the valve did not reach its position. At the moment, we have to add a line of code for every alarm to get it to alarm correctly. I think it would be very helpful if there was an option in the alarms for position sensing. This function would allow the programmer to specify an output and an input along with the acceptable time limit that can pass to allow the valve to reach position. If the output comes on and after the set time limit, teh input is not received, the alarm becomes active.

• Upvote 1