Unitronics Logo

Isakovic

Slow saturday in the office. Waiting for electricians to finish, so I'm just staring at the boxes and logo caught my eye.

2 hours ago, Ausman said:

So....Isak....you've run out of things to do?  😀

As your countryman once said. Why do we need to work everything is built!
😐

• Like 1

• MVP 2023

We could always make this a little competition, with people throwing in their theories.  🧐

Those who actually know could wait a week and then tell us.    No cheating, Joe T! 

So here's my first 2   ....."Unifying different control lines into one coherent stream?"     "I can't wait for the clock to get to the white zone so I can have a break."

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
23 hours ago, Ausman said:

No cheating, Joe T

😁

I actually have no idea where this logo came from.  I found this old M210 on ebay-

image.png.3550a601a36e5a8e7d9d1eee67f00848.png

The M210 was obsolete by the time I started selling the product in 2000.

So my guess is "The four explosive vector forces required to destroy the Earth."

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

Joe, I really do think there is a bit of a nostalgic character wanting to jump out of your body, along with a healthy dose of sci-fi related stuff.  Going to see the latest Star Wars episode must be an exciting time for your family!

Joet.gif.8aeac5259c77713d19457551e519979c.gif

cheers, Aus

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ausman said:

Joe, I really do think there is a bit of a nostalgic character wanting to jump out of your body, along with a healthy dose of sci-fi related stuff.  Going to see the latest Star Wars episode must be an exciting time for your family!

Joet.gif.8aeac5259c77713d19457551e519979c.gif

cheers, Aus

I just put together 5 boxes of bound books to donate--I read e-books almost exclusively,  I need space...but I haven't gotten rid of anything near and dear to my heart.
Which means that you will NOT find any of my SF titles in those boxes!!!!

• 7 months later...
23 hours ago, Ausman said:

OK Visco, WHAT were you doing in finding that theorem.  Bored?  Too many cups of coffee?

But it's a possible, except for the dates.  Maybe it DID all start from controlling a pizza oven!

cheers, Aus

I am just one of those people that remembers worthless things and forgets the important stuff... like where I put my car keys, peoples names, birthdays, where I put my car keys, my anniversary, oh, and where I put my car keys. 

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, viscoelastic said:

peoples names,

This is fascinating.  I am absolutely hopeless at remembering names.  It is exceptionally embarassing when I only recall it much later after the person's long gone out of view.  It's there, but the indexing system has gone astray.  But I remember the faces of gazillions of people, remember the instance of that bootlace pin falling off a wire during crimping, remember that intricate bit of that wiring diagram, how that complex bit of machinery goes together etc.  All that useless stuff that really is truly irrelevant (and can mostly be found again in a manual) seems to stick, but recalling a name when I see the face again?   Uhhhhmmmmm.....I know you fairly well but can't remember the name.  I put it down to having to meet so many new faces during my work.  My wife astounds me in her name recall abilities, and she often tells me to do word association, but this doesn't work either!   Maybe all us geeks have a "name remembering" error in the DNA?

cheers, Aus

10 hours ago, Ausman said:

This is fascinating.  I am absolutely hopeless at remembering names.  It is exceptionally embarassing when I only recall it much later after the person's long gone out of view.  It's there, but the indexing system has gone astray.  But I remember the faces of gazillions of people, remember the instance of that bootlace pin falling off a wire during crimping, remember that intricate bit of that wiring diagram, how that complex bit of machinery goes together etc.  All that useless stuff that really is truly irrelevant (and can mostly be found again in a manual) seems to stick, but recalling a name when I see the face again?   Uhhhhmmmmm.....I know you fairly well but can't remember the name.  I put it down to having to meet so many new faces during my work.  My wife astounds me in her name recall abilities, and she often tells me to do word association, but this doesn't work either!   Maybe all us geeks have a "name remembering" error in the DNA?

cheers, Aus

Aus, it's because you are married. I am absolutely positive that the words 'I do' automatically turns that 'whatzhisname' part of the male brain into a vestigial organ. On the female end, 'I do' enhances not only name recall, but the ability to remember the entire family calendar and todo list.

As far as remembering useless (and occasional useful) fact, it's because we predate 'Google is your friend'.
We are all accustomed to having to actually remember stuff. We're dinosaurs...:D