Beginners problems

KevB

i,  I have lost communication with the USC-B-TR22 I am using and seem unable to re-establish it.  I had the IP addr set to 192.168.0.64 for the panel and 192.168.0.65 for the CPU, and this was working. I then compiled my first program and downloaded it to the unit, when I tried to VPN it to try it out an error appeared, 'incorrect IP address'.  I checked all the IP addresses and noticed they had both changed so I put them back to the above address but could not get comms. I set them to the default values but no difference. 

The program was just a simple one, as I am trying to teach myself, on the HMI I put a button and an indicator, when the button is pushed DO0 changes state and the indicator monitors DI0 for that change in state. 

I am not too worried about the program as yet just the communication issue, any help much appreciated.

KevB

Hi AlexUT,

I have tried to check what I meant, but I can't find anything VPN I may have been confused with another project I am doing, I currently have the PC and PLC set to address 192.168.1.4 and the PLC cpu set to 192.168.1.5 with the Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway to 192.168.1.1. 

When I originally had communication the ip address for both was 192.168.0.64 and .65 not 100% sure on the gateway but I think it was 192.168.0.1.

KevB 

" I currently have the PC and PLC set to address 192.168.1.4" confuse me.

What is PC configuration?

Do you use any router with DHCP settings?

How it configured?

Or you use LAN Switch?

*You cannot assign the same IP address to 2 devices at the same LAN. It will not work.

So I have just checked what each is set to, the computer is set to IP 192.168.0.60, and the PLC Panel 192.168.0.64 and the PLC CPU 192.168.0.65. The Subnet mask and default gateway are all set to 255.255.255.0  and 192.168.0.1 respectively, the PLC is connected directly to a small form factor ACEPC via a  straight through Cat 6 cable.

The crossover cable didn't work, and the ping said the target was unreachable, with both cables.  I don't think it would be the cable as it was working until I tried to download a file to the PLC.  

I am going to start again from the beginning and see if that works.....! clutching at straws now 

KevB

15 hours ago, Flex727 said:

You can check the PLC Ethernet address in UniApps (touch and hold the upper right corner of the PLC screen).

I don't have a screen attached to the PLC it is being used through a PC.

8 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Let's go to a lower level.  Are you able to download the program via the USB cable?

If you can attach the program to a post we can have a look at your configuration.

Joe T.

I have just got a USB cable and tried to download using it but it doesn't see the PLC. I have attached the small program I have done just to teach myself. Thanks again for your help.

KevB

lesson.ulpr

Hi all, thanks for all the help, the unit started communicating on USB this morning, then stopped ? I went back to using the ethernet reset all the addresses back to what I was using and now it is communicating fine. My program isn't running but it has shown me the errors so I am going to work through them. 

Thanks again for your help I am sure you will hear from me again.

KevB