[SOLVED] V700 Modbus TCP/IP slave

2 hours ago, Javier Galaz said:

Hola @Fernando Castro , I'm trying to downgrade the OS, do you know where I can get the corresponding .uos file?

I am not sure, but i think that the OS are downloaded to ubitronics software based on the visilogic version you have  C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C\Data\Os\Vision Enhanced\V700\OS

16 minutes ago, Fernando Castro said:

I am not sure, but i think that the OS are downloaded to ubitronics software based on the visilogic version you have  C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C\Data\Os\Vision Enhanced\V700\OS

Yes, but I wanted older versions, in my computer I could only find 4.10, but, no problem I installed all the versions on my windows virtual machine and copied the different OS's, for now I'm still trying to downgrade my program to .65

When that's done I'm going to try everything we've discussed.

OMG!!!
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Thank you so much to all of you guys.

In order to register what worked:

• Visilogic version:9.8.65
  • OS version: 4.008 (10)
  • Use the Modbus configuration from example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C\Examples\Version 900\Project examples\Communications\Ethernet\V700_Modbu_TCP slave.vlp".

I believe the culprit was OS version, I'm going to try with Visilogic 9.8.91 and 4.008 (10) OS Version, and come back here to tell you my results.

Again thanks to all of you, you are great!

Edited by Javier Galaz
changed for clarification
  • Like 1

• Javier Galaz changed the title to [SOLVED] V700 Modbus TCP/IP slave
16 minutes ago, Javier Galaz said:

OMG!!!
IT'S ALIVE!!!

• Use the Modbus configuration from example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unitronics\Unitronics VisiLogic_C\Examples\Version 900\Project examples\Communications\Ethernet\V700_Modbu_TCP slave.vlp".

I believe the culprit was OS version, I'm going to try with Visilogic 9.8.91 and 4.008 (10) OS Version, and come back here to tell you my results.

told you.....bugs, bugs bugs everywhere!!

I really want to like unitronics but my experience so far has been hard to trust , If I  had started my current project after that SO release I would have screwed.

Joking aside the main reason I have disstrust issues is that I have a rough time trying to troubleshoot myself to eventually  find out that maybe is the PLC and not my logic 😒

Hi people--good news.

Our team tracked down thisV700 Modbus TCP issue bug, which is indeed related to the OS version released in mid-December 2021, 4.010.34 .

We have now released a fix, included in OS 4.10.46. You can run Live Update from the Web via Help> Live Update>Operating System in order to download this fixed OS version.

I would like to thank all who participated in this thread - especially our fabulous moderators for giving me a heads-up, enabling us to stomp this bug!

On 2/3/2022 at 12:00 AM, Javier Galaz said:

OMG!!!
IT'S ALIVE!!!

@Javier Galaz, I also want to thank you for your effort in getting answers. It is so much easier to give support when posters are so clear regarding their method and goals!

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

Our team tracked down thisV700 Modbus TCP issue bug, which is indeed related to the OS version released in mid-December 2021, 4.010.34 .

@Cara Bereck Levy, could you be more specific here? I don't have any VisiLogic version that includes 4.010.34 for the V700. My 9.8.94 has 4.010.36. Does .36 also have the bug?

@Flex727, yes anything after OS 4.010.34  up to but NOT including OS 4.10.46.

BTW--I need to mention that, for a variety of reasons, we run internal builds, that are not actually released with an Official VisiLogic Version.

Apparently,  OS 4.010.34 was an internal build--and your VisiLogic  version 9.8.94 was released with OS 4.010.36 (which does have the bug)

Live Update from the Web will download the fixed OS 4.10.46.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:04 AM, Flex727 said:

Okay, that's quick and easy, but I wasn't having any problems. What was the specific bug?

I believe it is related to communication protocols. Today I spent half of the day struggling with serial comm on one system that maintenance was assembling for testing, even thinking that I've sent the wrong program or that I may be by accident overwritten the latest release of the software. 
In the end, I was feeling defeated without any idea of what was going on or how to solve it, then it struck me... what OS is on this PLC?
and definitely was not 4.008 (10) the most stable (In my opinion)
It was 4.10(46), I Installed  4.008 (10) and the comm, worked again.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:51 AM, Cara Bereck Levy said:

@Flex727, yes anything after OS 4.010.34  up to but NOT including OS 4.10.46.

BTW--I need to mention that, for a variety of reasons, we run internal builds, that are not actually released with an Official VisiLogic Version.

Apparently,  OS 4.010.34 was an internal build--and your VisiLogic  version 9.8.94 was released with OS 4.010.36 (which does have the bug)

Live Update from the Web will download the fixed OS 4.10.46.

Are we sure about this?, I mean I had this serial comm issue today with 4.10 (46).

I am going to test with other PLC.. maybe was something else and only got restored while wipping OS?

Guess what.... I was able to upgrade SO, test,  downgrade SO and test again

My observations were consitent:

4.008 (10)  serial comm working

4.10(46) serial comm not working

4.008 (10)  serial comm working again

2 different devices, same PLC program, same behavior with  those SO

@Cara Bereck Levy I guess we should report that.