• MVP 2023

In VisiLogic 9.8.95, there is an item under the Edit menu called Fix Project. Anyone know what it does or when it should be used? I clicked on it and it immediately popped up a message window saying "Project Fixed". I don't think it was broken.

• Haha 1

• MVP 2023
5 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

'Fix' is a process that rearranges the images allocation in memory for better performance.

So do you recommend this process be run routinely? I often start new projects using a previous project that is somewhat similar. However, much editing of the HMI screens will take place. Should I run this near the conclusion of the project before final load into the PLC? Or also perhaps at various times during the project development?

18 hours ago, Flex727 said:

So do you recommend this process be run routinely? I often start new projects using a previous project that is somewhat similar. However, much editing of the HMI screens will take place. Should I run this near the conclusion of the project before final load into the PLC? Or also perhaps at various times during the project development?

I don't have an exact answer - project complexity varies.  If your projects are working well, you've probably done ok without it up until now. This was added to help with mega-projects--what people do with the HMI is really amazing. I it is probably a good idea to run Fix when finalizing.
Hey, even though my work is supposedly all safe in the Cloud...I still have backups...just in case 🙂

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

I it is probably a good idea to run Fix when finalizing.

My experiments and research tasks were complemented by the desire to determine the difference in the project (project file size, performance, PLC download time, graphics speed) saved before and after the "Fix Project" function.

Therefore, I would probably save the my work project before using this function as a separate non-optimized project.

As Cara remarked

2 hours ago, Cara Bereck Levy said:

I still have backups...just in case 🙂

And here the question arises whether or not Visilogic does this operation automatically (without notification) when opening an "old" non-optimized (not Fixed) project?

• MVP 2023
2 hours ago, kratmel said:

And here the question arises whether or not Visilogic does this operation automatically (without notification) when opening an "old" non-optimized (not Fixed) project?

Good question - just as VisiLogic will automatically defragment a project upon opening, when needed.