' To complete the download  , a newer O/S version is required''

Hi all

I have a Unitronics PLC on site .So  two of the analog input channels appear to have failed because when I view the code online ,raw input data is stuck on 16384 regardless of variation of mA signal .I have identified spare channels and rewired those and proceed to update to the new MI . I can view online and see the new raw data corresponding to signal variations.

Now when I want to do the download I get the following message '' To complete the download  , a newer O/S version is required''. At the moment I am opening the program with Visilogic 9.8.91 and when I check signature log it shows the code was last modified with Visilogic 9.8.09.

Kindly advise how I can get around this problem.I am of the opinion ,one doesnt need to do a software update after making only an minor change.

Thanks

• MVP 2023

Senior, Alex is likely heading this way with his question....but did you notice the "Previous Versions"?  Also the "looking for other versions?" at the bottom.

Visilogic constantly evolves, and improvements sometimes mean fundamental changes are necessary.  Most times you stick with the version originally used.  Have a look at this topic:

https://forum.unitronics.com/topic/7245-dont-update-just-because-you-can/

And here's a screenshot of the older versions readily available.

cheers, Aus

Oldversions.jpg.be64f3ffa17a0dafd1ff7c2c6f36de08.jpg

• MVP 2023
8 hours ago, Senior said:

I am of the opinion ,one doesnt need to do a software update after making only an minor change.

And just to add to and clarify: the firmware update isn't required because you changed the program - it's required because you tried to load the PLC using a newer version of VisiLogic. We recommend not doing that.

• MVP 2023
1 hour ago, kratmel said:

Useful  information about OS

Based on the spreadsheet in the post linked to by kratmel, you might try 9.7.60 if 9.8.31 doesn't work. Not sure if you can open a 9.8.09 project with VisiLogic 9.7.60 though.

Of course the other option is to upgrade the PLC firmware. It isn't all that difficult.