Hello!

Everything was fine for days ..... now the IDE keeps crashing!   :  (

I deleted my last ladder entry , saved and re-compiled as this is when it started failing.

I also deleted the "current_OPLC.udb" file ....... but keeps crashing every time I try to restart the IDE.

Any suggestions?  Is this a known issue with this IDE?

image.png.47a54faee465087fd4e35cada6e6c406.png

image.png.e92ed525382e2d59c46a021e3bfd8809.png

• MVP 2023

@RickL-

The forum is not the official Unitronics support channel - it is a collection of volunteers with an occasional visit from Unitronics personnel.  As AlexUT mentions above, you can send an email to support@unitronics.com.  If you are in the United States, you can also call your distributor to see if they can help or call USA Unitronics tech support at (866) 666-6033 M-F during normal business hours.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023

I took a chance and opened up your file on my computer. No problem opening the file and it compiled without errors. The problem would appear to be with your PC or your VisiLogic installation.

That said, I have to ask, what the heck are you doing in ladder rung 15? Under most circumstances mixing Set coils and Direct coils in a program will not work as intended. And also, while it is permissible to use a contact and coil of the same bit in the same rung as a latch, this is not what you are doing. It looks like you should be doing something like what you have in rung 6.

Also, please do not place multiple logic threads in the same ladder rung (rungs 7 & 8). The compiler will not report an error, but it is extremely bad programming practice in ladder logic.

And finally, use subroutines to break your code up into manageable pieces. Personally, I reserve the Main Routine for Start-Ups, configuration blocks, and subroutine calls. All other logic should go in subroutines.

4 hours ago, RickL said:

ok ...... did all you listed above.   came back clean,  worked without error, then after switching from ladder to HMI a few times it gives this error:image.png.4c1bd60662f2bd03a2546ea2b642a726.png

the code compiles with no errors or warnings.

Is this an IDE problem or win 10 problem?

Are you running Visilogic with administrative privileges?

Hi!

After going thru hell!  :   (    ..........  Changing everything, Hard Drive, win re-install, re-loading IDE, setting all file permissions, etc. The problem still was there with a vengeance.

But, today, I think I'm sure I found the bug!!   :  )

If you close the "explorer" window on the left hand side, and then switch from ladder to HMI view  .... IDE crashes code "91".

You can minimize the explorer in width, just don't close it!!

Cleared this crash problem 100%   every time!   Never fails now!!    :  )

Everything working perfectly!

• MVP 2023
7 minutes ago, RickL said:

You can minimize the explorer in width, just don't close it!!

That's certainly interesting - and something to note, but why would you want that window closed??? It's very important and constantly needed when writing your program.

21 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

That's certainly interesting - and something to note, but why would you want that window closed??? It's very important and constantly needed when writing your program.

........ I would close the window just to look see at a full screen view of my HMI is all   :  )

wont be doing that anymore!   :  )

NOTE: You can close the bottom "output" window with no problems! Just never close the "explorer window!

NOTE: You would think they may want to get rid of that "X" icon on the explorer window if you shouldn't be able to close it!

52 minutes ago, RickL said:

........ I would close the window just to look see at a full screen view of my HMI is all   :  )

wont be doing that anymore!   :  )

NOTE: You can close the bottom "output" window with no problems! Just never close the "explorer window!

NOTE: You would think they may want to get rid of that "X" icon on the explorer window if you shouldn't be able to close it!

Probably that only happens on your installation. that doesn't happen on mine for sure... but if it makes you feel better there are some other errors on my computer 😂, particularly debugging one specific routine in one specific program on which I cannot be more than 10 minutes on online mode before it crashes, I always assumed is related to some variable being overflown (the sub in question handles the communication to other devices and there are some DWs in there that eventually reach their limit).

image.png.ddebee8e62fc98b1ff3c7ac6136e420f.png

1 hour ago, Fernando Castro said:

Probably that only happens on your installation. that doesn't happen on mine for sure... but if it makes you feel better there are some other errors on my computer 😂, particularly debugging one specific routine in one specific program on which I cannot be more than 10 minutes on online mode before it crashes, I always assumed is related to some variable being overflown (the sub in question handles the communication to other devices and there are some DWs in there that eventually reach their limit).

image.png.ddebee8e62fc98b1ff3c7ac6136e420f.png

...... yep!    can drive ya crazy at times!      I was ready to lead shield my computer after trying everything, thinking it may be an errant gamma particle from the sun!   :  ) 

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, RickL said:

If you close the "explorer" window on the left hand side, and then switch from ladder to HMI view  .... IDE crashes code "91"....blah blah

I can confirm that this happens on my main PC on 21H1 and I'm still sitting on 9.8.65.  It's just never happened to me because I have never done that sequence.  Investigating it further to see if it is related to a W10 annnoyance, I found the error also occurs on my W7 Pro 64 laptop.  Perhaps an issue for the creators to look at sometime?

cheers, Aus