Connection URA-1600O-8

micapp

57 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

Unitronics has excellent online technical manuals. Information about your module can be found here:
https://downloads.unitronics.com/Documents/UniStream_IO_%26_COM/UniStream_Remote_I_O_User_Manual.pdf

Not so easy to understand. No information on sink or source on analog units. And there is lso a error in one of the descritions as far as I can understand

• MVP 2023
13 hours ago, micapp said:

See enclosed picture. Is this correct use of analog input?

And on second picture: Is this the correct use of analog output?

Yes* and yes.

The manual is clearly wrong.  The Ethernet I/O is not a Unitronics-manufactured product, and the manual is not an original complete creation of the Unitronics documentation department.  It is a modified re-issue of what the manufacturer supplied.

So somebody missed something.  Too many late nights and deadlines on the tech writers, I would suspect.

Thanks for pointing this out.  Flex has already flagged Cara Levy the Documentation Queen so hopefully it gets corrected and updated soon.

Joe T.

* - that is correct for a two-wire device.  Some devices require separate power and generate their own current rather than modulating their supply.