hi xXJEQTXx

i don't know your program and your needs but I think that you have to "plan" your program to do just what is needed and no extra tasks...i mean that you have, maybe, think about a FSM (finite state machine) and let run just the function that you need.

also..if your program use serial communication I suggest you to calculate what is the frequency of the updating that you really need and the real time needed at the connected "device" to have new data available.

• MVP 2023
On 9/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, xXJEQTXx said:

Hi guys.Tips to reduce cpu usage by HMIs and ladder functions in Unilogic (USP-104-B10)?

May I ask what your concern is? PLC applications rarely need that to be of consideration, especially with the UniStream line, which is extremely fast for a PLC.

I thank you for your advice. Currently I know that the equipment has good processing capacity for any type of program, in fact, the program in which I work on Unitronics (in the PLC reference that I already mentioned) is not large, but when seeing the CPU consumption and operating The HMI, in the iteration between screens is slow, well, in my opinion it is slow, the fact that it takes more than 2s or 3s to go to another screen seems slow to me. I already reduced the number of elements on each screen, I already reduced the number of storage processes, I already reduced the amount of Custom Control, but it is still slow, something I noticed after monitoring the CPU consumption with the Scope Trace tool is that after After one hour of PLC operation, consumption goes from values between 70%-100% to 40%-100%, I can't explain that. It is for these reasons that I ask this question.

• MVP 2023
19 hours ago, xXJEQTXx said:

when seeing the CPU consumption and operating The HMI, in the iteration between screens is slow

To my understanding (which admittedly may be totally wrong), the HMI updating is independent from the PLC CPU. One would think that would be an advantage, but I have found that the UniStream HMI processing to be very poor compared to, for example, the Vision PLC which runs everything off a single, slower CPU. I would love for one of the creators to explain this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2023 at 1:11 PM, Flex727 said:

To my understanding (which admittedly may be totally wrong), the HMI updating is independent from the PLC CPU. One would think that would be an advantage, but I have found that the UniStream HMI processing to be very poor compared to, for example, the Vision PLC which runs everything off a single, slower CPU. I would love for one of the creators to explain this.

The PLC CPU and HMI CPU are separate units.  There is a latency between ladder and HMI which can cause a noticeable when executing load screen actions from the ladder.  It's best to do all screen navigation from the HMI widget's Action dialog:
image.png.ce4a677dc16e0a640c0e95d4b6720330.png 

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023
11 hours ago, curtharrington1 said:

The PLC CPU and HMI CPU are separate units.  There is a latency between ladder and HMI which can cause a noticeable when executing load screen actions from the ladder.  It's best to do all screen navigation from the HMI widget's Action dialog

Thanks. Very interesting.

I thank everyone for contributing their knowledge and suggestions to this topic. One question, Unilogic has a Scope Tracer function to monitor the behavior of some tag (well, I use it that way hehe), in this case I have used it to monitor CPU usage, here is an image about it (Image 1 ), I would like to know if this CPU tag corresponds to the consumption by the HMI or the PLC as such, I have also used this tool to determine which processes consume the most CPU resources, among my conclusions is that performing "automatic" storage " by ladder and the "DTI to File" block consumes too many resources if it is used automatically every 5 seconds, with this I have also tested the screens, when making all these changes the performance in terms of changing screens is noticeable, It could be considered a good practices manual (or well that's what I call it haha), it is worth clarifying, previously with the image that I shared with you, before this the CPU consumption was through the roof, I am also sharing an image of it with you . (Image 2). Please don't forget my question haha, I appreciate it very much.

Imagen 1.

image.thumb.png.4026bb45a40a0017cf92c395f9c4746c.png

Imagen 2.

image.thumb.png.25c767aff355ca087625bda46e2be187.png

• 4 months later...