W10 Easter Present for easier use.

Ausman

• MVP 2023

Hi all, stumbled on this little gem today that makes one really annoying aspect of W10 a little easier.  If you already have it you can congratulate yourself!

Create a new folder on your desktop.

Rename the folder by copying this entire string, including the curly brackets, by using whatever rename method you do.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}   

When you open the folder it will then display all the things you used to be able to get via Control Panel, and a whole lot more.  Very useful at times.  It doesn't show a name, but that's a small price to pay.

With the folder opened, you can also dragndrop to create shortcuts as necessary.
With joy and chocolate from the Australian Easter Bunny.     🍫 🥚 

cheers, Aus

(In doing those emojis, it did occur to me how odd it is that we have a bunny delivering eggs.  Why don't we have the Easter Chook?  oops...Chicken for you non-Aussies.  Then again, perhaps the "Easter Bunny" is only an Aussie thing.)

• Upvote 1

• MVP 2023

Hi, I try to

On 4/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, Ausman said:

Rename the folder by copying this entire string, including the curly brackets, by using whatever rename method you do.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}   

it look like useful....  but some Java implemented app and many other specific application was closed or crashed, sometimes even if i try to sw to another folder.

Deleted renamed folder - all restart without problem.

I spent some time figuring out what's wrong.
One of the programmer forum participants gave a hint ...

So you have to be careful using this "magic wand".    :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP 2023
On 4/26/2020 at 4:59 PM, Cara Bereck Levy said:

that was funny

Yes, it was.   Does this mean that Joe spends hours in the cigar lab watching Sth Park?      Joecigar2.jpg.27eb0f63941cc5b3e39a609a73b79c47.jpg 

Kratmel, I haven't had any issues using it, wondering if it might be a language specific type thing?

cheers, Aus

• MVP 2023
9 hours ago, Ausman said:

....haven't had any issues using it

In my case Java implemented software crashed when user try to Save as option in file menu.

No error generated - opened software window and "save as" dialog dissapeared from screen. I found more then 3 application with this behavior on two machine.

Win10 OEM (single language - Ukraine) preinstalled on Asus Vivo. Another one puter - Win10 OEM Prof on the same another Asus. Next gen CPU in second one.