V350 screen is dead. How to establish remote access to the plc?

On 3/6/2024 at 4:35 PM, kratmel said:

If you can read something (identification from PLC) via Visilogic - then RX, TX, and GND used in your cable is OK.

You can make custom 6 wire cable and try. But i think that something wrong with PLC board or memory. 

Let’s put this screen on a side for now and please help me with the remote access to the screen. I have another same screen installed on another equipment and this one is working perfectly, how can I access it remotely using the Unitronics Remote Operator app that can be downloaded from iPhone or android app stores?

IMG_8248.png

1 hour ago, Ausman said:

In all of this have you ever consulted the various Help files, which show in detail how to do everything you've asked?

Believe me i have looked every where and this is how i found this forum.

All the explanations are either too advanced or have something missing in the middle, this is why i’m looking for someone to explain it to me like I’m 5.

• MVP 2023

You can't talk to the V350 with the phone app unless it's got an Ethernet card.  The phone app relies on the phone having WiFi turned on and it's connected to your network.

Your other screenshots show you were able to connect to the dead V350 and that it was in BOOT mode.  That means it's lost it's little mind and you won't have much luck seeing the screens, as it has no application in it's memory.

But at least your cable and USB adapter are working.  You can access the screens from your PC.  Download the Remote Access program from here:

https://downloads.unitronicsplc.com/Sites/plc/Visilogic/Download Software Utilities/RemoteAccess_9_8_19.exe

You should be able to plug your cables into the working V350 and see the screens with this program.

Joe T.

5 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

You can access the screens from your PC.  Download the Remote Access program from here:

https://downloads.unitronicsplc.com/Sites/plc/Visilogic/Download Software Utilities/RemoteAccess_9_8_19.exe

You should be able to plug your cables into the working V350 and see the screens with this program.

So there are two ways to access the screen from another device:

1- By Unitronics Remote Operator app, and this way needs an ethernet card installed in the V350 first

2- By Remote Access application via PC, and this way needs only unitronics cables that I used previously with the damaged V350

is that right?

regarding way#2, can I start/stop the equipment by the Remote Access application or is it just for viewing?

• MVP 2023

You can also download the Remote Operator program to your PC:

https://downloads.unitronicsplc.com/Sites/plc/Visilogic/Download Software Utilities/Remote Operator Version 1.0.95.zip

Remote Operator is similar to Remote Access.   Remote Operator is Remote Access with some features removed like Data Table transfer.

Both will allow you to run the equipment from a remote screen.  

Joe T.

8 minutes ago, Joe Tauser said:

https://downloads.unitronicsplc.com/Sites/plc/Visilogic/Download Software Utilities/Remote Operator Version 1.0.95.zip

Remote Operator is similar to Remote Access.   Remote Operator is Remote Access with some features removed like Data Table transfer.

Joe T.

Does the Remote Access application require an ethernet card installed in V350?

13 hours ago, Flex727 said:

No, you can connect your PC to the PLC via serial connection.

Great!

Now we need to know how to install the ethernet card into V350 to enable the Remote Operator application.

Is the ethernet card a software thing or a hardware?

• MVP 2023

Were you able to get Remote Operator working over the serial port?

Ethernet is added with a card you install in the V350 - part number V100-17-ET2.

Then you have to add a rung to your program to initialize it and assign an IP address.   This is documented in the Help - search for "Ethernet" and then look at "Using Ethernet" and in that topic scroll down to Ethernet: Card Init.

You'll have to assign a PLC name and depending on the version of Visilogic you're using there may or may not be a mandatory access password.  Versions prior to 9.9.00 do not require a password, but they are less secure.

You'll then need to connect your V350 via cable to a network that has WiFi Access if you want to use the phone app.  Otherwise you can set up Remote Operator to run on a PC and change the connection from Serial to TCP/IP (Call).

Joe T.

On 3/30/2024 at 8:59 AM, Joe Tauser said:

Joe T.

I managed to mirror my working V350 to my PC but as shown in the attached photo most of symbols aren’t visible! The PLC is responding fine but the symbols are missing, how can I make them visible?

IMG_8282.jpeg

1 hour ago, John_R said:

I had this problem once, and Joe T provided me with this answer.

You have to tell Remote Access to upload the PLC's images and create a local use file-

image.png.60d1ac1fc199259c0afe28f1a1a98be6.png

Thank you very much guys! Now all symbols are visible. 

Now let’s return to the dead screen, I have something in my mind but I don’t know if it’s possible or not but hear me out maybe by brainstorming we can get something out..

Now i have dead screen, good screen and a PC with remote access, my idea is this:

Making my PC as a replacement for the dead screen by the means of the remote access and project file from the good screen. 
Is this possible?

Please see below picture the information I get when I try to establish connection with the dead screen

IMG_8283.thumb.jpeg.02a389f21d16cd9bf8e51c3d38a1a7f4.jpeg

• MVP 2023
18 minutes ago, John77 said:

Making my PC as a replacement for the dead screen by the means of the remote access and project file from the good screen. 
Is this possible?

What do you mean "project file from the good screen"? If you have a good PLC with a project file, why are you trying to resurrect the PLC with the bad screen?

15 minutes ago, Flex727 said:

What do you mean "project file from the good screen"? If you have a good PLC with a project file, why are you trying to resurrect the PLC with the bad screen?

Because we have two equipments (motors) controlled by these two screens, now one of them is out of service due to the dead screen, these two equipments are identical in everything, thats why I wanna take the project file from the good one to the dead one or use my PC as a PLC.

• MVP 2023

Um...  the PC is not a PLC.  How would you connect the wiring of your equipment to it?  All Remote Operator does is mirror the graphics in the PLC to another graphic display device; your monitor in this instance.  Remote Operator does not turn your PC or your phone into a machine controller.

Based on the PLC information screenshot above your PLC has had it's memory corrupted.  You need to replace it, and you will need to somehow get the program to load into a new one.

Joe T.

• MVP 2023
17 minutes ago, John77 said:

I wanna take the project file from the good one to the dead one or use my PC as a PLC

You cannot use your PC as a PLC. As for uploading the project file from the good PLC, that is likely not possible. The programmer must specifically allow that when downloading the project into the PLC. If they did not do that then you can't. No harm in trying though. Just connect VisiLogic to the PLC and select Upload instead of download. It will tell you the answer.

On 4/5/2024 at 5:25 PM, Joe Tauser said:

Based on the PLC information screenshot above your PLC has had it's memory corrupted.  You need to replace it, and you will need to somehow get the program to load into a new one.

Can I replace only the memory?

• MVP 2023

No.

What I meant was you need to replace the PLC.  Or find another unit and swap out the main board.  Unfortunately, Unitronics does not sell any replacement components - you'll need to find one on eBay or something.

Joe T.

Hello all,

We recommend to pause Unitronics Forum postings, as wery low version of Factory Boot (0.0(07) cannot be solved by forum members.

We are working on this and will tell you about results.