Downloading a project to V570

Hello,

I faced a problem when i was downloading a project to Vision V570.

V570 already had existing project inside and i was downloading the same project but with few changes.

When download process had started pop-up window appeared with the following statement: existing project differs from the project you are trying to download. It is recommended to initialize PLC after download. Note: it will erase all the register values. Then it asks yes or no (sorry i wrote this statement in my own words as i didnt make photo, but the meaning is the same). Does it mean that if i press yes, it will initialize the PLC or it will ask again in the end of download? I was afraid to press yes cuz it is not acceptable to drop all the registers to 0.

Thank you.

• MVP 2023

I'm working from memory also, but as I recall this pop-up box is making a RECOMMENDATION. It does not actually do anything other than download your program update (and perhaps reset, not initialize, the PLC). It is up to you to preform the initialize (or not) which would erase your registers.

• MVP 2023

+1 on Flex's comment.  Also, you can backup your values before doing anything. Under Connection there is "Export PLC Operands to File" which will save all your values to your PC.  It automatically goes online, gets all the values, and makes a *.opr file.  You can then use this file to Import, or force to open with excel for manipulation and it works fine.  If you haven't done this yet, and don't have a means within your program to save crucial values, then I strongly suggest doing it!

On the pop-up, I would love to know from the Creators what exactly trips it.  I encounter it often, but sometimes it is for what I see as a very minor change, whilst other times I have done lots of modifying and it doesn't show.  An explanation, please.

cheers,

Aus

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 05.01.2017 at 10:42 AM, vamalgise said:

Hello,

I faced a problem when i was downloading a project to Vision V570.

V570 already had existing project inside and i was downloading the same project but with few changes.

When download process had started pop-up window appeared with the following statement: existing project differs from the project you are trying to download. It is recommended to initialize PLC after download. Note: it will erase all the register values. Then it asks yes or no (sorry i wrote this statement in my own words as i didnt make photo, but the meaning is the same). Does it mean that if i press yes, it will initialize the PLC or it will ask again in the end of download? I was afraid to press yes cuz it is not acceptable to drop all the registers to 0.

Thank you.