Problem connecting with a V1210

1 hour ago, Ausman said:

o are you using the 232 port on the PLC or the USB ?

I am using USB port  on PLC and PC.

And tryed with third cable. Obviously, cable is ok.

19 hours ago, dub said:

I have twice erased all from PLC (Info mode--->Working mode--->Exit to factory boot) and reinstal all.

Strange is that connection is working normal all time   untill instalation is not finished.

I quote myself.  I don1t know how to explan this?

v1210.2.jpg

• MVP 2023

When you have the USB connected to your V1210 open up device manager in Windows and verify which COM port Windows has assigned.  It sounds like you've already done this, but double-check anyway.

11 hours ago, dub said:

Nothing good so far. I think PLC is the problem.

This is possible.  I have seen the USB converter port go bad on the PLC while the actual serial port on Port 1 still works.   Get an MJ10-22-CS35  serial to USB converter from your friendly distributor and see if that works on Port 1 or Port 2.  If you use a converter from another vendor, make sure it has the Prolific PL2303 chipset.

Joe T.

Thanks for advice.

I found programming cable for Jazz,  Unitronics MJ10-22-CS10  Adapter SUBD9 on  RJ12 + USB to serial adapter and now i can connect on PLC, but  works only  on port 2 .

Will i bi able to use port 1 for control VFD over MODBUS  RTU protocol, which i am learning now (Expect questions :) )

DIP switches are in the same position on both ports, RS485.

You should be able to sonlong as the con port itself isn’t damaged in any way.   The programming cable should allow you to communicate on either port 1 or port 2 on the plc with out changing a setting on the PC just simply unplug from port 2 and plug into port 1(so long as the rs 232 com settings are the same)

• MVP 2023
8 hours ago, dub said:

Strange is that connection is working normal all time   untill instalation is not finished.

(Cam has just replied)

I read this as you are doing the download and when it should be almost finished, the connection fails.  Is this correct?  Therefore I think that you are changing a fundamental comms setting within your user progam.

Looking at your screenshot of comms shows that ports are set at 485, but by connecting with the correct plug you are then accessing the port as 232.  Have a good read of "Communication Ports" in the install manual: V1210-T20BJ_INSTALL-GUIDE_03-141.pdf

There are restrictions on how "automatically" this works.

cheers,

Aus

1 hour ago, Cam said:

You should be able to sonlong as the con port itself isn’t damaged in any way.   The programming cable should allow you to communicate on either port 1 or port 2 on the plc with out changing a setting on the PC just simply unplug from port 2 and plug into port 1(so long as the rs 232 com settings are the same)

But i can't.

Protocols are not the same. Modbus on port 1 and PCOM on port 2.

1 hour ago, Ausman said:

Further to my comment above about fundamental comms settings in your user program, remove all comms type elements from your program as a test.  Download and see what happens.

cheers,

Aus

:o

Everything is working normally, USB, port 1 and port 2. I am clear about why was port 1 out ( it was iniciialized for modbus protocol in my program).

But, what was with USB?

• MVP 2023

Perhaps you have port numbers confused?  Without seeing your program I can't tell.  Your exercise (!) is to put the original comms element(s) relating to just one comm setting back into your program and see which lot upsets things.  This should point you to your answer.  Please let us know!

cheers,

Aus

• Like 1