Reboot from Ladder

wapcs

Hi all, 

I realise that I can reboot from UniApps but is it possible to do a reboot from Ladder/HMI.

Reason being, my Modbus IP comms (over 3G) seems to get 'bogged down' after a few weeks/months and stops communicating. My golf course customer then angrily complains when his lake overfills because the fill pumps haven't stopped as comms is lost, I then log on and reset it manually from UniApps and away it goes again until next time. 

Id like to routinely reboot the PLC to prevent this scenario and also have a button on the HMI for the end user to press if needed rather than calling me. 

• MVP 2023

I know what you are asking.  However, as a sort of backup.......

Doesn't your modbus connection/module/gizmo at the pump end have user settable I/O preferences that you can make them switch to if comms are lost after X minutes? 

cheers, Aus

Just another question.

Is the communication problem a problem with the Modem, or with the PLC?

If you say that you have communication problems after few weeks / months and the problem is in the PLC, then maybe this issue can be sorted if we find out why it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 1:40 AM, Saragani said:

Just another question.

Is the communication problem a problem with the Modem, or with the PLC?

If you say that you have communication problems after few weeks / months and the problem is in the PLC, then maybe this issue can be sorted if we find out why it happens.

What do you suggest I do to see 'why' this happens?