Load Cell Remote I/O

cbryan

I just found this in the Visilogic change log and got exited. I finally see the release of a unitronics branded load cell module compatible with Uni-Stream without using CanBus. Of course the project is already done, but all projects are just the start of an evolution. Since I only have two machines loose in the world with this hardware configuration I'd be more than happy to make the change now.  So when can I get my hands on at a minimum the documentation for URS-02LC-8 ? I'd like it yesterday if possible. 

See I was so excited I skipped the grammar check. ( not that grammar or spelling is something I do well to begin with. )

https://www.unitronicsplc.com/io-expansion-modules/

NEW - UniStream Remote I/O - Expand over Ethernet // Its the last item for inputs. URS-02LC-8

Aside from being  on this page and mentioned in the change log for the Visilogic 9.8.91 it is no where to be found. I searched the knowledge base as well and all that comes up is UL listings. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Cara.

My true goal and why I was so excited about the release of URS-02LC-8, was that I could get away from downloading a separate visilogic program into an EX-RC1 when utilizing Unilogic OPLC.  90% of my applications deal with load cells and I love the notion of just handing all the techs a Jump drive being able to import the application without tethering to a PC.  This is exactly what I had done for years with an SD card to a V350 tethered to an EX-A2X. Unfortunately I can never do that while utilizing the EX-RC1 tethered to a US7-B5-RA28, every one of them would need to pass through my hands to drop the program. 

I have a URB-TCP and URS-02LC-8 on the way. However after doing a bit with it on Unilogic program I am not convinced I will remain hands free. I fear I may need to run "BootP server" on each module, placing me no further ahead. I am hoping I am wrong about that, and I shall find out soon. 

I brought up the Visilogic change log because I'll never break free of it either. With hundreds of Vision OPLCs in the field and customers requesting custom concepts I keep up to date with both unitronics programming software.

Now with UniCloud and "Routers" I may just step back and stick with V350 and V560 PLCs, if this method doesn't pan out. What worries me about this is I have no idea when unitronics will decide to discontinue the line. 

• 2 months later...

Both, but mostly machine manufacturer.  We both Sell and Rent the equipment, and install for new customers.  Servicing over 400 and building 30-70 machines per year.  Old equipment that comes back will typically get an upgrade with a Vision OPLCs but now with metrics and telemetry I am attempting to move the fleet to Unistream. We will do on-site integration when requested. Each piece of equipment has a localized OPLC and a remote OPLC both of which need to be capable of integration to the on-site plant. 

Also an update. It is not hands free I do need to run "BootP" on each URB-TCP(2) - or I will need to change defaults on all programs currently written and the software on each modem/router.

• 2 years later...

Do you know if with this configuration of a URB-TCP and a URS-02LC-8 I can read and parameterize a load cell, or it is definitely not possible, since in addition to reading the information, I need to configure the filters and sampling time, because Without this my scale is very unstable.

• Like 1