Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Visilogic and Unitronics environment and i'm trying to download a program on my V700 but it's only working via the serial port. I've read how to do it with the ethernet cable, it worked 2 times, then never again. This is the settings i'm working with (from what i understood we had to do) :

in the V700 (named V700 in the settings):

IP 192.168.1.1

Mask 255.255.255.0

GW 192.168.1.254

on socket 0 port 20256 TCP slave

My ethernet driver is set to 

IP 192.168.1.20

Mask 255.255.255.0

GW None

and when i try to communicate I set :

IP 192.168.1.1 (I also tried 20 or any other value instead of the final 1 and it didn't work either)

TCP

V700

But the get oplc information button never returns the infos and i get the usual error message when the communication isn't occuring.

Does anyone has an idea of how to solve this?

Thanks

• MVP 2023

You must know - in NEW PLC downloaded DEMO project. In this project PLC name = Unitronics.

After first download another project you reset "Unitronics" PLC name to default PLC name  (if new PLC name do not set via your project).

Please read about Unitronics Info mode. Tap on screen 5 sec - 1111 password. Then in software section you find default PLC name (some numbers).

Use this PLC name for set Ethernet conection via Visilogic.

13 minutes ago, kratmel said:

You must know - in NEW PLC downloaded DEMO project. In this project PLC name = Unitronics.

After first download another project you reset "Unitronics" PLC name to default PLC name  (if new PLC name do not set via your project).

Please read about Unitronics Info mode. Tap on screen 5 sec - 1111 password. Then in software section you find default PLC name (some numbers).

Use this PLC name for set Ethernet conection via Visilogic.

Thanks but name is set to V700 because this plc was already in use and the previous guy set it to this name

• MVP 2023
58 minutes ago, Julian L said:

Thanks but name is set to V700 because this plc was already in use and the previous guy set it to this name

You test it via Info mode?

You can check soket configuration in PLC via Info mode. Pleas post foto of this configuration

• MVP 2023
4 hours ago, Julian L said:

IP 192.168.1.1

Are you on a network, or connected directly using a crossover cable? I ask because 192.168.1.1 is typically the router address in a private network. Try using a different IP address for the PLC.

(I also tried 20 or any other value instead of the final 1 and it didn't work either)

But 20 is what you have your PC set to. Please recognize that all IP addresses on a network must be unique.

GW None

I didn't think this was allowed. Try entering something here.

Also, be sure your PC isn't set to "Obtain an IP address automatically".

If you post your program here we can be of more help.

And, finally, try using a different cable. Ethernet cables go bad regularly in my experience.

• MVP 2023

Okay, I loaded your program up in a V700 on my test bench. This program is quite a mess. In the parametre subroutine, you are calling HMI screens with direct contacts. Always use transition contacts for HMI calls. In the mail subroutine, you are continuously closing Socket 0. Do not do that. I disabled both of those subroutines and was able to connect to the PLC with Ethernet immediately.

• MVP 2023

On top of what Flex has found

14 hours ago, Julian L said:

in the V700 (named V700 in the settings):

IP 192.168.1.1

In the picture of the plc's info mode, the IP is clearly visible as 192.168.1.30, yet you have an init setting it to .20, and you say it is .1  !!  

As well, perhaps you need to try using your gateway as DNS instead of OpenDNS.

Before doing anything more along Flex's suggestions and other thoughts, download a blank program and do an Init & Reset.  Then make a small program that is ONLY the ethernet connection ladderwork, iron out your bugs and then go further.

cheers, Aus