Hi 

I am currently running a project on a V1210 without any major issues.

Problem I have is that the RTC does not seem to update - as if the clock has stopped.  The PLC in running, the project is running, but the RTC does not update.

I have tried syncing with my PC time but it makes no difference.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks

Russ

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing the same RTC problem as described by Russ in 2014.

I've tried the suggestions in this toppic but haven't found a solution.

My situation is the following: 

I have a V700 that I programmed for a home automation application (lighting, temperature and ventialtion). 

I use the RTC function for a thermostat function. Everything worked fine until a made some changes in other parts of my program. And now my RTC clock  stopped running. I have erased my changes but this did not have any effect. 

When downloading a blank project and initializing and resetting, the RTC clock function is restored.  When I download my program again, the RTC clocks still doesn't work. I suspect there is something in my program preventing the RTC clock from running..

Does anyone have a suggestion?

• MVP 2023

Hi Wim and welcome,

Stopping the RTC is very unusual!!

When you download/run the program that previously worked ok, is it exactly the layout it was before?  ie is it an originally saved version, or a modification of the faulty one?  It is always a good idea to keep progressive saves of programming work for reasons like this.

If it is an original save of the ok version, then do an initialise and reset after download, and then do it again after a power cycle of at least 10 seconds. 

If it is the "original with RTC problem bits added but then erased" version, again do the initialise/reset/repower after download.  It definitely sounds like you have something suspect in your program mods that is still hanging around, but perhaps this might clear it.

If no go on all of these, do everything Reuven said.  You say you've done the suggestions in the topic, but have you actually reinstalled everything  related to the plc's brain?

If you don't succeed in any of this, you should post your programs if you can for perusal. Even better would be to send the query to support@unitronics.com. 

cheers,

Aus

• MVP 2023
15 hours ago, Isakovic said:

Is it smart to let UTC functions run in every scan?

I don't know the direct answer to this...one of the creators?  My thoughts are that it depends on how critical it is.  I always try to reduce any operations to only when needed.  eg If you have something that only needs to happen once a second, don't run the code until the next second occurs.  But if you are talking milliseconds, then I don't see you have any other choice.

As for stopping the RTC from working, that's why I would love to see the code. ....but not run it!!  Are you there, Wim??  !!

And another question Wim.  When you get back into seeing the RTC working, is it correct time?  Or a delayed version depending how long you have not been able to get it rolling over?  If it is correct, then it is working ok....you just aren't being able to read it correctly for some reason.

cheers,

Aus

• MVP 2023
On 10/23/2017 at 12:43 AM, Isakovic said:

Is it smart to let UTC functions run in every scan?

I don't know the answer to this either, but I've created many projects that hammer the clock on every scan, not to mention Data Tables, and other very complex functions. Never seen the slightest problem with things not keeping up.

I do agree with @Ausman that a programmer should never have the PLC perform unnecessary steps, but it's more a matter of elegance and minimizing scan time than necessity to have a functioning PLC program.

• MVP 2023
8 hours ago, Joe Tauser said:

Make sure your OS is updated.

I recently had a V570 that wouldn't communicate over Ethernet. I swapped out Ethernet cards with a known working card (and several other troubleshooting steps) and still no worky. Since then I began using VisiLogic 9.8.64 and updated the firmware on the PLC to the latest. Now it appears to be working. We shall see.

Hi everyone,

This my hardware info: Model V700-T20BJ / OS 4.4(19). I run a Visilogic V9.8.64

I still have a previous version of my program (without the thermostat function programmed) . When I run this version the RTC is working. The lay-out between this two version has changed quit a bit and I didn't save my versions in between, so this in not my last working version.. Here are the links to the two described programs.

Working (old) program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cmsd76fnq4rxto/BIST27_PLC logica_v2.vlp?dl=0

Current (RTC problem) program: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnxcm6alv2sezmu/BIST27_PLC logica_v5.vlp?dl=0

Wim

Hi Aus,

If you mean the steps described by Reuven, yes I did those. If you say everything, are there other steps to take?

I know it's difficult to check my program for faults, I would just like to understand what could cause this..

I have been going back and deleting steps in my program until nothing else but some simple steps rest, but the RTC will not work.. When I download another program the RTC work instantly.

Very strange..

• MVP 2023

I loaded your program into a V700 and the RTC is working perfectly. I also see the Direct Clock Function is turning on the correct bit (as of right now, MB 503). You either have a hardware/firmware problem or something about the I/O (that I don't have on my V700) is causing the problem. Please note that the only value you should see changing constantly is SI 30 (Current Second). Did you try setting the time from your PC by using the SET RTC function?

By the way, I can't imagine your control over the LCD screen brightness (SI 9) is working properly. Why are you using STI (Store Indirect) with a Constant value?