My HMI not displaying

Did you, by accident, write values into registers for LCD control, you can see this when you connect to PLC.

Also, I had similar blinking was I just placed "set string library" function block to be called unconditionally in every scan. See what happens if you put PLC into stop mode. What is scan time?

Your both constantly calling the main display which is what is causing the screen to flicker. 

See net 1 in the original program, every time the PLC  scans the logic it is going to load the Main display. (In a Vision unit we are talking every 4-5 mS) You can remove this net.

Also while net 2 works you should have it broken into 4 separate nets. Nets 7,9,11,13,16,18 in the Main routine should also be separated in to multiple nets( you can get abnormal operation with the way you've done it)  I didn't check the other subroutines but any where you've done something similar should be broken in to multiple nets.

And why are you calling the displays from the ladder using MB's linked to touch properties??  If you click on the Links & Jumps tab while editing an HMI you can put your display calls there and not have them in your ladder.

• MVP 2023
On 12/19/2018 at 5:23 AM, kratmel said:

3 -If display blinking you maybe use for change display direct contact   -| |-, but only -|P|- must be used. 

The third post in this thread provided your answer which you either missed, ignored, or didn't understand.

To be clear, NEVER call an HMI screen with a direct contact. You MUST use a transition contact - always.

Also, please restrict your ladder rungs to only a single logic thread. One logic thread = one ladder rung. Do not stack them up. They will often work, but it can be unpredictable.

Avoid conditional subroutine calls.

Avoid HMI screen calls or subroutine calls with other logic in a ladder rung (i.e. other coils or FBs).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cam said:

Your both constantly calling the main display which is what is causing the screen to flicker. 

See net 1 in the original program, every time the PLC  scans the logic it is going to load the Main display. (In a Vision unit we are talking every 4-5 mS) You can remove this net.

Also while net 2 works you should have it broken into 4 separate nets. Nets 7,9,11,13,16,18 in the Main routine should also be separated in to multiple nets( you can get abnormal operation with the way you've done it)  I didn't check the other subroutines but any where you've done something similar should be broken in to multiple nets.

And why are you calling the displays from the ladder using MB's linked to touch properties??  If you click on the Links & Jumps tab while editing an HMI you can put your display calls there and not have them in your ladder.

Thanks so much but Please i dont understand what to be done, can someone just kindly help me edit this program to see where i made the mistake.

• MVP 2023

By the way... in future...

Do not rename the main display when you start a new project.
Never wipe the main display out of the project - this leads to incorrect order of display on the screen.

And this can not be fixed by creating a new main display.
This feature was studied by my students.
After wiping the main display, they were not able to restore the normal sequence of opening display at startup and must  to completely redesign the project from an empty project.

P.S. In your project this isue not appear.

• Like 1